• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

newest salary survey (1 Viewer)

turtleface

HSC
http://www.michaelpage.com.au/pdf/AU_2006_Finance_SalarySurvey.pdf

Finally, a new survey has been released. This one is the 2006 michael page Finance survey.

Its interesting to note that despite all the hoohah about demand for Accountants, in Big 4 its only grad salaries for Audit that has really increased. In VIC, Corporate Finance seems to have decreased, though its still fairly high for NSW...

Its also interesting to note that Equities Research Assistant Analyst (Graduate I think) gets 80K-140K as a base (excluding the BIG bonus). Wow! Pays to be an Equity Analyst Grad

Edit: I can't help but add:
Also interesting is how under Investment Banking it says:
"In all categories the CA/CPA qualifi cations will lead to a premium in salaries earned (for example the salaries at the higher level in
each band are likely to be earned)."

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Will check out tomorrow.

*subscribed*

turtleface

HSC
hm maybe it doesn't seem to work cause its taking a while to download in acrobat. Try right clicking and pressing "save as..."

If it still doesn't work go to www.michaelpage.com.au and then click on Surveys near the centre-ish left of page and click there. From there you can click either "banking" or "chartered professions" or "accounting" its all the same I think

=candii=

HSC
turtleface said:
hm maybe it doesn't seem to work cause its taking a while to download in acrobat. Try right clicking and pressing "save as..."

If it still doesn't work go to www.michaelpage.com.au and then click on Surveys near the centre-ish left of page and click there. From there you can click either "banking" or "chartered professions" or "accounting" its all the same I think
lol thankyou so much it works now :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Interesting... my thoughts so far;

1. I like my gym membership subsidy! Although cash is obviously preferred, I'm inclined to think if they paid cash, it'd be less than the subsidy and discounted corporate gym membership at Fitness First... so in that case, I prefer the subsidy!

2. The salaries towards upper end are very vague (just a "+").. which is :(

3. Can anyone explain why Cadet/Trainee is $30-35 with 0-1 year experience, but an Undergraduate is only $28-35 with 1-2 years? I guess that's for BS, which isn't really me since I'm Ext Audit. Regardless of that, I'm not in the $30-35 category *sigh*. Are any newbie cadets being offered $30k+?!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
My salary this is on the high end of their range for their External Audit Graduates, which should be expected from a Big4

turtleface

HSC
wow marketing is pretty low at the 3-5 year level.

High end its ok

Its probably more interesting than Accounting though

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i didnt find it to be low at the 3-5 year level. it depends what field you look at. brand managers in large firms get heaps with bonuses.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
here we go:

Consumer goods etc:
brand manager (3-7 yrs): 85-110k
Senior brand manager (7 yrs): 110-140k
MD: $250k+

Consumer goods account management (not sure if it also links to in-house ad agencies):
Account manager: 75-90k

turtleface

HSC
oh I guess theres not really much difference between majors then, salary wise.

All majors seem to lead to some good salary (i mean career) outcomes.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it really is about doing what you're best at and enjoy doing. some people love accounting and finance. if you're passionate about these fields then you will go far. myself, I am very passionate about marketing and wish to be the best marketer in Australia. Chances are with this dedication and passion, I will also go very far

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Had a divisional meeting at EY today, and they revealed the latest salary brackets to us. It was interesting to note that the average partner remuneration at EY is $700,000 a year.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
but then again, the things you have to do to be a partner.

turtleface

HSC
Minai said:
Had a divisional meeting at EY today, and they revealed the latest salary brackets to us. It was interesting to note that the average partner remuneration at EY is $700,000 a year.
Finally some good news on the Partner salary front! I was beginning to worry those rumours of Partners on 150,000 were true.

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
What is the difference between a Internal Auditor and External Auditor?

--edit---

Got it

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)