• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Nice customers? (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
... if that's not an oxymoron ;)

Seriously, anyone care to share experiences with pleasant customers? Someone who makes you feel like a human being again, after serving idiots for hours? Someone who made you really mean it when you say, "thanks, have a nice day!"?

I've had a few customers come into the pharmacy who were really chatty and friendly, said "bye Lis, nice talking to you!", made the vacuuming and hours of cleaning a lot easier that day.

At Oporto... a Frenchman came in a while ago and I tried to take his order in my crap french from 3yrs ago, he was polite, charming and very appreciative that I could semi-understand him. Also, there are a couple of Irish guys who are always friendly when you serve them, and a juggling guy who comes in and talks about contact balls and juggling when I take his order.

I guess it might not seem like much, but in my experience, people who are actually nice to you can make serving the twenty who aren't much less painful. Is this just me?

mattyg87

HSC
i hate it when we're busy and customers all they want to do is talk. i work at hoyts, and when im standing there ripping tickets up i have a line up of about 10 people, and theres someone behind me talking about how brilliant a certain movie is, and asking when i plan to see it. but yeah you get the nice customers that cheer you up :)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
have seen heaps of nice customers. most are very polite. some seem cold at first but they do warm up a bit.

some have humour.
but there are ones that are just plain rude!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i find that a lot of the "nice customers" are old men
and they are only "nice" to the chicks that work there.
fucking pedofiles
:rolleyes:

Carlito

HSC
Yeah, I get the occasional nice ones, and then theres the step further which goes to annoying with the ones that ask you all about your job and how the store works and how long you've worked there and what that button on the register does, etc, etc.

alien

HSC
i get nice customers a bit. actually i usually get more nice ones than bad ones :D
sometimes they're guys just being really flirty or just chatting and other times they're just mums or dads who are just friendly, it's really cool :) like when i help them figure out their photos or find a cd or dvd or whatever they're like "Thankyou so much jessie/charlotte/michelle (i didn't have a name badge so i used other people's), you've been such a help." then they suddenly become interested in what i'm doing this year and everything. cool and weird :) the one problem with nice customers is that they don't tell your boss, like lodge a compliment, but the mean ones, the lodge complaints. so your boss never knows about all the great customer service you're doing, they only hear the stuff the bad customers say :(

Carlito

HSC
alien said:
the one problem with nice customers is that they don't tell your boss, like lodge a compliment, but the mean ones, the lodge complaints. so your boss never knows about all the great customer service you're doing, they only hear the stuff the bad customers say :(
Yeah but most managers would realise that. Our manager says people only complain because they think they'll get something free if they do. And she says most people exaggerate their complaints and also say that they were completely nice when they were most likely rude to the staff.

alien

HSC
your boss needs to teach my boss a lesson in customer politics

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
there are nice ones out there.
i like the ones who call you by name...its a lot more personal than if they say to their child 'give it to the lady to scan'. Except this one woman was short sighted or something and cam right up to my name badge which is square in the middle of my chest and goes oh katie...i like to know your name because ur human and u have a name lol

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
most of the people i serve just want to get out of there so they dont talk/communicate
hehe i don't know what's worse - that - or the people who just stay there talking to you about fuck all and you just wanna tell them to bugger off

Danoz The Great

HSC
I work in the Manchester Section at Target. I get lots of old people in, and 99% of the time they love you even if you do the smallest thing for them. I love that.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
I work at Dick Smith, every sat & sunday... might get one 'nice' customer every two weekends. Customers can be such dickheads.

However, I used to get a lot more when I started there - ie when I was a lot more enthusiastic and happy and cheerful... I think a lot of the not-good-not-bad ones could be 'nice', as sugaryblue said, if the energy could be found to warm them up a bit.

...I hate it how the bad customers don't realise that they'll (generally) get more if they're nice to the employees... And then it shits me when asshole customers get their way - it just reinforces the whole yelling=getting what you want thing. Vicious cycle. I love standing up to bad customers. :D

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
i already wrote this somewhere before, but once, .... ah screw it, i'll cut and paste : like this time, i skipped adding a meal into the total cost. she even called up to check again because she said the total sounded too low, so asked me to read over the order. then when she hang up, i recalculated it, and yeah, i missed the last meal. but she was cool about it when she got there, i kept on saying sorry, and she probably though i was new and she even gave me $3 tips !

$3 is a lot, considering most ppl who eat in give nothing

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm sometimes you get the customers that regularly come into the store so you feel like you kind of know them.. then they ask about school or whats happening this year etc and you can have a bit of a chat
whenever i get like groups of guys they always seem to make conversation
then theres some customers who compliment me on the way i pack which is nice.. they say whenever they go to guys registers their bread gets squashed, their eggs break or their laundry stuff leaks onto fresh foods
its also fun talking to little kids.. i had this like 5-6 yr old girl like read my name tag and start a full conversation with me about this new rule she created that little kids shouldnt jump onto the end of empty trolleys because she saw some little kid do it and the trolley fell on him.. she wanted me to get on the microphone and tell everyone and im like umm how about i just tell the people with kids on their trolleys if i see them and shes like ok
she seemed like such a good speaker for a 5-6 year old.. so cute!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
you get some nice, chatty customers sometimes

sometimes you get some hot guys too, at myer... but on the whole everyone's quite nice

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
oh, i got home a while ago from work, and i got $21.70 tips... !!! like wow...they could buy two meals with that...that's the most i've ever gotten from one table. but they had like 8 ppl. but that's still a lot, it makes up for all the ppl who give nothing but make you do a lot of stuff.

they were friends of our regular customers, who suggested they come here. hope they come again, just not when it's too busy. i hate having to constantly walk and stand, and smile. it's very draining.

HSC
i get a few nice ones at bunnigns, alot of them are young tradies (im cashier at tool shop) - alot of old men are either really nice or really horrible

but i say the majority are quite ones, then theres afew assholes and a few nice

normally bunnings charge 10c for bags, if they are nice i dont charge them for theback, also if the cost for something for example is $30.10 and they dont have 10c and they give me $50 note, i just give them a $20 if their nice too, ive done it twice and the people are REALLY appreciative, a guy came in an hour later and even gave me the 10c!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)