• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

No legal studies or economics, will i struggle in commerce at uni? i do business stud (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi, i don't do legal or economics but i do business studies and also commerce in year 9 :S if i do commerce at uni will i have problems? im interested to major in marketing i think

crazy_paki123

HSC
Re: No legal studies or economics, will i struggle in commerce at uni? i do business

No you wont stuggle, business is a large part of commerce anyway so at least you have some idea. But in short you wont struggle

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: No legal studies or economics, will i struggle in commerce at uni? i do business

I didn't do any of those subjects, but I'm not struggling.

When I go through my textbooks i find a lot of terms and that are explained from a level where you have no knowledge.

Like in my accounting class, you learn A=L+E and you can see who already knows that sort of stuff, but they do explain it for beginners I guess :p

Same in my econ class. I didn't really know any of the terms and heaps of people clearly did, but if you study and do the work you'll have no problem catching on. I picked up a lot of stuff easily and it wasnt so hard after a while.

And cause you say you want to do a marketing major, you probably wont have to deal with legal/econ stuff too much. Your first year subjects should pretty much prepare you for anything you need to know.

Plus at my uni, you can also do these things called PASS (peer assisted study sessions) where other students who did the subject already tutor and help you. So if your struggling there is another place you can turn too :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

You won't struggle. They teach you from scratch.

HSC

Thanks thats reassuring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)