No Maths, Science or History (1 Viewer)

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
haha yeah every friday we had ancient history first thing in the morning so our teacher would bring us food and coffee.

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
Hmmm. Hey etcetcetc, hows your health coming along?
Hey Bookie, thanks for asking :)
Same old same old I guess - still pretty sick. My energy levels are at an all time low and I'm up to about 18 hours of sleep per 24 hours. Having a lot of trouble with muscle and joint pain too. Really happy I'm on Pathways though - makes it all so much more manageable. Plus I only really have to revise one unit of SORII work these holidays, which is nice.
I'm going for some more tests and things early in 2006, as I've had a whole bunch of new symptoms come up, and we have to check if there's not something else going on.
Ahh well. 2006 will be the fourth year I've been ill.... third year with this illness. I guess I'm dealing with it now. I have a good feeling though that come this time next year, I'll be doing a lot better. Here's hoping anyway.
Once again, thanks for asking :)

HSC
N/A
fleepbasding said:
Someone else in your position would be rare, because the sort of people that choose not to do maths or sciences, would usually be the type to do some sort of history.
Yeah, that's true. However I do do Studies of Religion II and Society and Culture... so that's kind of close enough ;)

miss_gtr - I love your enthusiasm for history - it's awesome! I don't really mind history in itself, but I think it's the type of subject where it's best to have a really interested and motivated class. My classes were never like that.... so history was always a bit of a drag. Shame.

Glad you had a great HSC History experience though! :cool:

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
miss_gtr, if history were as fun as that at our school, I dare say I might've enjoyed it.

There's none of that at our school. History extension tried to watch one video this term. The teacher couldnt operate the projector. Then we found out the movie was a downloaded copy, and because the school didnt have the right codecs installed, it wouldnt play. Then when they rolled down the projector screen it was ripped.

In year 8, when things were more practical in history, I loved it. I enjoyed it in year 9 too. Then came year 10 history. If you enjoyed year 10 history, you need to stop paying for entertainment because I'm fairly sure you could sit in your closet and have an orgiastic time. That put me off history for year 11, meaning no history for year 12.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
Hey Bookie, thanks for asking :)
Same old same old I guess - still pretty sick. My energy levels are at an all time low and I'm up to about 18 hours of sleep per 24 hours. Having a lot of trouble with muscle and joint pain too. Really happy I'm on Pathways though - makes it all so much more manageable. Plus I only really have to revise one unit of SORII work these holidays, which is nice.
I'm going for some more tests and things early in 2006, as I've had a whole bunch of new symptoms come up, and we have to check if there's not something else going on.
Ahh well. 2006 will be the fourth year I've been ill.... third year with this illness. I guess I'm dealing with it now. I have a good feeling though that come this time next year, I'll be doing a lot better. Here's hoping anyway.
Once again, thanks for asking :)
Thats ok, you seem like a champion doing what you are.

I just dont know what to say...gee, it sounds tough. You're an inspiration really, however gay it may sound, and like miss gtr, ill say *huuuuugs*.

Just hope it all works out and you get better and get back on track kk?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
Yes, I <3 my history teacher. History atmosphere is very good!
Agreed, we get "fun friday" :D...

I love all the history teachers at my school they're all so dedicated and fun!

and in history extension we eat/drink and be merry whilst going over the historians...its all fun

HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
Owwwwww hugs to you (}) (errr msn emoticons dont work on here..anyways)~
I just want to wish you well!
I've got that Bernard Fanning song in my head now! Thanks very much for the well wishes, I appreciate it :)

Bookie said:
Thats ok, you seem like a champion doing what you are.

I just dont know what to say...gee, it sounds tough. You're an inspiration really, however gay it may sound, and like miss gtr, ill say *huuuuugs*.

Just hope it all works out and you get better and get back on track kk?
Awww shucks. Thanks very much. *huuuugs back* :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
yeah my history extension teacher is fun. my modern history teacher is pretty good as well but can get boring at times.

vg_woz_here

HSC
i sooo wished i chose HIstory!! but i didnt coz it was clashing subjects on my timetable... =(

im doin biology...its not that bad...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I would do a history if the hsc required us to do 12 or 14 units, but the workload would be too much. :D

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
vg_woz_here said:
i sooo wished i chose HIstory!! but i didnt coz it was clashing subjects on my timetable... =(

im doin biology...its not that bad...
I would have also picked modern history, but BOTH classes ran on the same line :| and I had another subject i really needed on that one ..bar ram school

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
So which is better, ancient or modern? And why? :)
Extension Rules in my humble llama opinion :p

Ah..well..thats a very subjective question, it really depends on what you enjoy more...if you enjoy more recent political events, or discovering history through archaelogical evidence...hehe

Modern is more work i've heard my friends whinge, but extremely interesting...the topics are far more political and a bit more relevant to today than say learning about Boudiccea :)

Ancient is monkey loads of fun, I love it, all the cultures and their ways of life, and how different their societies are to today. My teacher is also excellent..she makes life fun...FUN FRIDAY...oh yeah and she gave us ChOCOLATE at christmas :O.
So the last two arent completely relevent answers, but if a teacher can teach it well and make it appeal to you, then the subject is infinately better

:) HSC history is far more interesting than any thing I learnt previously..

I am a llamaaaaaaaaaaaaa HAPPY NEW YEAR

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
vg_woz_here said:
lol how come!?!? =|
It's ok. I do bio, we have a neat little camp at the base of the cliff. Electricity and everything.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Modern History smells.

The concept of History was killed fo so many people in my grade. Of 30 people at the start of the prelims, 15 people dropped it (including the guy ranked 2nd behind me) and a fair few people would drop it now if they could, eg. me.

On the other hand, I like History Extension, I must admit that.

vg_woz_here

HSC
aww u guys make history sound fun :(... its a bit too late for me to pick it up..LmaO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)