• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Normanhurst boys yr8 (1 Viewer)

willma1034

HSC
Hi guys, I need help determining how hard and what style of test the normanhurst boys test would be for yr8. The test is in a few days and I'm really nervous bout it.

Also applying for North sydney boys and would love to know the testing system by edutest and how hard the test is.

random93810938

HSC
Hi guys, I need help determining how hard and what style of test the normanhurst boys test would be for yr8. The test is in a few days and I'm really nervous bout it.

Also applying for North sydney boys and would love to know the testing system by edutest and how hard the test is.
For NBHS, I took the test in year 10. Math section is basically extremely easy year 10 and year 11 content. I think it is basically trying to find people who do tutoring and study ahead rather than the top students. English should be the difficult part for most people. It is some analysis paragraphs (like 4 marks in hsc questions), essay and story. Manage your time well for English. Prepare a response that you can adapt to the story.

So in short, math should be content one year ahead and English just practice and write a story beforehand.

You got this don't worry too much!

willma1034

HSC
For NBHS, I took the test in year 10. Math section is basically extremely easy year 10 and year 11 content. I think it is basically trying to find people who do tutoring and study ahead rather than the top students. English should be the difficult part for most people. It is some analysis paragraphs (like 4 marks in hsc questions), essay and story. Manage your time well for English. Prepare a response that you can adapt to the story.

So in short, math should be content one year ahead and English just practice and write a story beforehand.

You got this don't worry too much!
Wow, thanks so much, I really appreciate it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)