Normanhurst Test Preparation (1 Viewer)

CLUELESS14

HSC
Hi all, I'm currently in year 10, looking for year 11 entry, and have applied for Normanhurst. I know there is a test consisting of English and Maths, but I'm unsure as to how to prepare for it. Are there any websites that can help as well? Cheers.

CLUELESS14

HSC
I heard it's 5.3 Maths. But what specifically? Will there be circle geo and stuff like that? Also for English how is it set out. Is it comprehension where you do short answer Q's using TEE structure and then a creative/analytical essay?

HSC
I heard it's 5.3 Maths. But what specifically? Will there be circle geo and stuff like that? Also for English how is it set out. Is it comprehension where you do short answer Q's using TEE structure and then a creative/analytical essay?
My friend did the test around 2-3 years ago, he said that for the Maths part, it is pretty easy if you know your stuff. He also said there most likely is not anything on circle geo but its always possible so I guess just know your stuff?
But for the english part, it is a little more difficult because there are some comprehension questions(Short Answer Questions) but also an extended response which was a creative for him. But I've also heard it could be a book review.
Hope that helps!

Leon_V3

HSC
N/A
My friend did the test around 2-3 years ago, he said that for the Maths part, it is pretty easy if you know your stuff. He also said there most likely is not anything on circle geo but its always possible so I guess just know your stuff?
But for the english part, it is a little more difficult because there are some comprehension questions(Short Answer Questions) but also an extended response which was a creative for him. But I've also heard it could be a book review.
Hope that helps!
It was a book review when I did it lol.
(As someone who got in for Year 11 2018 entry)

Tribunal

HSC
I think maths will be more logic based tbh, my mum asked the school because I am trying out this year for 2021 year 9, and they said you can't really practice for maths. But I suggest you practice still. I am hoping maths for year 9 2021 entry test is numerical reasoning and comprehension is short answer.

Tribunal

HSC
Hello, I am trying out for year 9 2021, but I am just confused if the comprehension test, will be short answers for all years trying out for Normanhurst, or is it just the people trying out for year 11 doing short answer comprehension. Hopefully, it is short answer

Tribunal

HSC
if it is short answer for all years, would question be like 'evaluate this,' 'what is the technique here,' 'what concerns are employed here,' ?

Leon_V3

HSC
N/A
if it is short answer for all years, would question be like 'evaluate this,' 'what is the technique here,' 'what concerns are employed here,' ?
I only tried out for Year 11 entry so I can only help you with that. I think it is the same, but there is no way for me to confirm. I took the test literally 3 years ago from now so I remember very little, so sorry.

Tribunal

HSC
I only tried out for Year 11 entry so I can only help you with that. I think it is the same, but there is no way for me to confirm. I took the test literally 3 years ago from now so I remember very little, so sorry.
Oh it's okay. Thank you anyways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)