• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Nortel building closed. (1 Viewer)

adsta

HSC
Is it?? I'm sure my csci321 project team went in there last week for an interview. I'll have to ask them...

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
adsta said:
Is it?? I'm sure my csci321 project team went in there last week for an interview. I'll have to ask them...
it will be if they can't find another sponsor. I hope it is motorola, the uni has some links with them.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Why does it need a sponsor to remain open? none of the other buildings need sponsorship to remain active. I don't see Building 19 plastered with Coca-Cola signage or the communications building covered in Subway sponsorship.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Raiks said:
Why does it need a sponsor to remain open? none of the other buildings need sponsorship to remain active. I don't see Building 19 plastered with Coca-Cola signage or the communications building covered in Subway sponsorship.
it costs money to hire the staff in the building, or it will be an empty building, lol

it was initially built by nortel and funded by them, so the uni didn't put much money into it.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
it costs money to hire the staff in the building, or it will be an empty building, lol

it was initially built by nortel and funded by them, so the uni didn't put much money into it.
Oh ok, so UOW never organised funding to cover the building and it's staff since Nortel was paying for it... that seems like something that UOW would do.

santaslayer

HSC
what does this nortel building do...?\

sounds like it has abilities to make contact with aliens or something...?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
santaslayer said:
what does this nortel building do...?\

sounds like it has abilities to make contact with aliens or something...?
there are researchers living in it. What they do..... who knows!

Ninga

HSC
Thought Nortel was all about the IT nerds, i know a few people who have IT degrees who work(ed) there. Then again i know one guy who is doing commerce who was employed there.

adsta

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
it will be if they can't find another sponsor. I hope it is motorola, the uni has some links with them.
Ahhhhh I understand now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)