North Vietnam Essay (1 Viewer)

TastesGoodBut

Hey

Our class hasnt realy started the topic at all yet, but we have a 'prepared' essay next week on North Vietnam - we can only bring notes to write the essay from into the exam.

"Evaluate the political, structural, economic and military policies of North Vietnam from 1954 to 1968 (you are expected to mention any consequences)"

how should i/would you go about this? seeing as we havent started to topic i suppose the first thing for me to do is read through the history of the period first - but is there anything ppl wanna suggest historian wise or site or sources with good info etc. a good outline structure?

s2ophie

HSC
A good textbook to read would be "conflict in Indochina" by Ian Sutherland. He is my history teacher and he knows his stuff. Another good one is the HTA study guide.

it seems like a pretty hard topic seeing you haven't learnt it yet but i imagine if you work out the chronology of what happened in that period, who the main people are (Ho Chi Minh, Vo Nguyed Giap etc) you should be on the right track

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
lol Soph...

But yes that book is good, it has all the stuff in that would help you write your essay.

kass

HSC
OK on a differnet topic, but still North Vietnam.

Does anyone know anything about the NVA (North Vietnam Army), as our history teacher has given us a weekend assignment on it and I can't find anything on it! All the books and internet sites I can find are only about South Veitnam and America. We have to look at its aims, structure etc..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

craz

HSC
I hate to say it but it seems some of u guys seem so far behind. Anyways - we have done Vietnam and if you are looking for the North Vietnam Army - look under Viet Minh or Viet Cong and for South Vietnam look at ARVN (Army of the republic of vietnam). As for good textbooks our textbooks are good. We use Harpur, War without end and Get Smart Conflict in Indo China. hmm...when talking about North Vietnam - think about Dien Bien Phu the battle in 1954 and the geneva conference after that, the elections to be held in 1956 that were never held, Ho Chi Minh in the North, 17th parallel btw nth and sth. Mention Diem politically he was a nut put family members into the regime and the fact that the north were having a famine because of the 17th parallel because the food was in the south. There's so much more. We also got that essay question...but we haven't done it yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)