• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Not so sure (1 Viewer)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I applied to DJs (David Jones) as well as Myer and quite a few other stores on the internet (due to seek as well as averts in paper).

Myer sent me some stupid online test that the results said I whooped and got into the top region of the bell curve and yadda yadda but then they didnt persue me as an employee.. Do they want stupid employees? Am I being discriminated against because Im smarter? WHAT IS THIS?

and so then DJs were all keen and rang me twice BUT THEN they didnt call back again when they said they would and I was going to call them but I thought I stuffed the last phone conversation so I let that drop, but just yesterday they called (and I missed the call so i rang them back, although they didnt leave a voicemail) and asked if I would be interested in working for them still and I said yes and so on and so forth, BUT THEN only after talking for a bit (and wasting my credit I might add) they said would I like to work as a christmas casual..

so NOT a permanent casual as I thought we were discussing!! grr

(DJs said they will call me back tomorrow)

but the thing is I feel like both companies are messing around with me and dont know what to take seriously or how I should act.

Should I take the Christmas Casual Position if its offered or what? :confused::confused:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
If you do well in a Christmas Casual Position you may be asked to stay on.

Just makes it clear you want a casual position after Christmas and strive to be teh bestest :)

jebbie

HSC
mr_brightside said:
If you do well in a Christmas Casual Position you may be asked to stay on.

Just makes it clear you want a casual position after Christmas and strive to be teh bestest :)
My problem is my course finishes at the end of the year and I will be able to get a proper job next year if I want to.. I havent decided if I want to study full time next year as well though. But I'm FAIRLY sure that I want to work full time or part-time and study part-time and if so I'll most likely try to get a PA role in an Event Management Company if I cant actually get Event Management work..

THATS why Im all sad. cos I just want a job for this year, and I dont know if I should take the job for Chrissy or just leave it..

daman

HSC
id say take it. if closer to the date your plans change, just tell them "no". they'd have heaps of people willing to take your place.

also, how long after you handed in your application (via the net im assuming) did you receive a reply? just curious as i have also applied

jebbie

HSC
daman said:
id say take it. if closer to the date your plans change, just tell them "no". they'd have heaps of people willing to take your place.

also, how long after you handed in your application (via the net im assuming) did you receive a reply? just curious as i have also applied
um yeh i think youre right for that one. i might get kicked out of the selection process anyway..

not super long like. a week or a bit or so..

i didnt exactly keep track, cos i was applying to heaps of places.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)