• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Note taking (1 Viewer)

shredocity

HSC
Hey guys. this is my first post so I don't know the posting rules very well so forgive me if i've broken any. My question is about note taking. let me give you an example. I write notes at home for a topic for my term 1 exam. come the half yearly i write notes for topic 2 and additionally topic 1. this might seem fine but come the HSC i'll have to rewrite notes for all topics/chapters and this may seem manageable but i have to do it for 5 subjects. pleasse help ? I'm sure some people know my feels

FlameLash

HSC
Why do you want to rewrite out all your notes for each exam?
What specifically is your question?

I'd personally suggest not rewriting notes for every single exam as it is not exactly an effective method of study, though what works for some may not work for others.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
You should avoid rewriting notes as it is a waste of time, I don't even know why would you unless you want to polish up your notes which is (like I said) a waste of time. What you could do is that you use other people's notes as a foundation, and modify to a way that you're able to understand the notes.

Fiction

HSC
Hey guys. this is my first post so I don't know the posting rules very well so forgive me if i've broken any. My question is about note taking. let me give you an example. I write notes at home for a topic for my term 1 exam. come the half yearly i write notes for topic 2 and additionally topic 1. this might seem fine but come the HSC i'll have to rewrite notes for all topics/chapters and this may seem manageable but i have to do it for 5 subjects. pleasse help ? I'm sure some people know my feels
Are you writing traditionally and thus when you add more stuff in you feel the urge to rewrite it? Because if that's the case, maybe try digital then printing, then drawing diagrams in etc.

Or are you using notes as a form of studying? I mean whatever floats your boat, but many people tend to find practise questions more effective than note-taking/ memorising as a form of studying for a test.

shredocity

HSC
sorry if I wasn't clear. i i'll provide an example. I have a term 1 Business Studies exam on Marketing. I write notes for all of it Heading,acronyms,meanings etc.. Then come the half yearly ,I have the urge to write those notes again. I don't know if it's i'm a wrote learner. the problem is i have to write something to understand it. whether it's due to inefficient study methods i'll leave that to you guys. (hardcopy notes)

HSC
sorry if I wasn't clear. i i'll provide an example. I have a term 1 Business Studies exam on Marketing. I write notes for all of it Heading,acronyms,meanings etc.. Then come the half yearly ,I have the urge to write those notes again. I don't know if it's i'm a wrote learner. the problem is i have to write something to understand it. whether it's due to inefficient study methods i'll leave that to you guys. (hardcopy notes)
So you have notes already, all you need is to memorise?
Don't rewrite the notes, do something that complements your already done notes:
-perhaps displaying the info in a different form (study cards, stickynotes, posters, mind maps) in order to have many ways to test yourself/ understand. Imagine having notes and also stuff elsewhere!
-regarding the editing of your notes/ adding more detail, just stick paper over that section or use stickynotes

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Why do you want to rewrite out all your notes for each exam?
What specifically is your question?

I'd personally suggest not rewriting notes for every single exam as it is not exactly an effective method of study, though what works for some may not work for others.
This is a great point, don't rewrite notes as it won't help you answer technical questions. If you have notes already just start doing past papers or questions and try apply your knowledge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)