• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

notes (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
so in lectures you take notes. take down as much as you can of what the lecturer is saying.

after that what do you do? do you type them up? do you add info from your textbook?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
type them up... dont know how long this will last tho.. i give it till next week

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol yeah i want to type them up, but adults (who lived before the era of computers) think it's a waste of time. i can't learn from bs notes though.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
well if u type them up they will b easier to read... and u can always go back and add things in

watever works for you i say! :)

*hopeful*

HSC
or u could try making ur own notes from the textbook

ND

HSC
Man my econ, stat and acst lecture pads are all completely empty. And my comp book consists of the name of the unit's textbook... I feel like i'm gonna get wasted when everyone is scribbling down everything, and i'm sitting there half asleep, but i figure that it'll all be in the textbook, so when i get around to reading them i'll be fine...

bong

HSC
print out the slides when they dont give em out, then add to it?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
sometimes there is too much to add, and there is no reason for slides

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Cramming sort-of works. Summarising textbook is really something I havent done since starting uni.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
how hard it is to get a Credit or D or HD in econ 110? the lectureer makes it sound hard.

Leanne

HSC
i was going to type my notes up...my writing has gotten so bad due to the HSC! i cant write neat and fast nemore!!

mind u- the typing idea probably wont end up happening for long...

we wont ever have to totally rely on our own notes for an exam- do we? cos then i'm screwed!!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by choco
how hard it is to get a Credit or D or HD in econ 110? the lectureer makes it sound hard.
I don't know. But from what I've heard (and seen), it isn't that hard, provided you do the work. I should be careful what I post because I'm doing that unit as well this semester =p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Leanne
we wont ever have to totally rely on our own notes for an exam- do we? cos then i'm screwed!!
which other notes would you use?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
In the exam; he'll use the ones he wrote on his arms :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
You can always make up your notes (in the exams) :cool:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i doubt you can be bothered typing up your notes later on in the semester. i tried that once, but all the written notes piled up on my table and when it came to typing them, i left it too late and didn't understand any of it!! :(

i usually just re-write my lecture notes with stuff from the textbook so it all makes sense...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i print off the slides and add my own notes to them during class (albeit half finished sentences coz i cant keep up with the lecturers)
i then type them up, adding notes from the textbook and finishing off the sentences and stuff

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
i doubt you can be bothered typing up your notes later on in the semester. i tried that once, but all the written notes piled up on my table and when it came to typing them, i left it too late and didn't understand any of it!! :(

i usually just re-write my lecture notes with stuff from the textbook so it all makes sense...

yea, for lect, i write important stuff (esp in comp115) and later at home i re-write them again in my own folder nearly and nicely

Leanne

HSC
hmm...so its a good idea to write up notes combining the lecture notes and wats in the course notes?? but wat if they're not directly related?? hmm..maybe i should write, rather than type up my notes again....

btw- i'm sure that in exams the info also comes from the course notes (and text books if u have any) so i meant to ask will ur own personal notes be so important that u'll need to no only those for an entire exam....???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)