Noting really matters (except to get into university) (1 Viewer)

Tenaya

HSC
N/A
Hello all ☺

Having completed my HSC in 2007 with a UAI of 97.20 I will now be offering tutoring for year 12 students in: English (up to Extension 1), Modern History & History Extension, Society and Culture and Economics. Apart from HSC students, I also tutor students from year 7-11. I am currently in my last year of a Bachelor of International and Global Studies Degree (with Honors in Political Economy) at Sydney University.

Credentials
• Placed on 2007 Honors Roll by NSW Board of Studies for Modern History and History Extension
• Recognized ‘High Achiever’ by University of Sydney Chair of Political and Social Sciences for maintaining a Distinction (80 +) grade point average
• Recipient of a Sydney University writing prize for my submission into the ‘Engaged Enquiry Student Competition’ (2011)

Why me?
I aim to help students through focusing on three key areas:

1. Essay writing: how to (a) develop clear/ compelling writing and; (b) frame personalized argument/thesis according to the rule of flow- structure, logic and organization.

2. Research Skills: Meaning ACCESS to a wealth of resources, individually sourced, to help you stand out (comprehensive syllabus notes, other top band essays and critical interpretations). My end goal is help you develop confidence to appropriate research effectively according to assessment criteria.

3. Motivation: I hope to make you understand the course (and not just memorize it!): that is to help you think critically, make sense of new concepts and develop an awareness of how well you are learning/ comprehending the subject material in designated areas.

Contact details

Location: I tutor at Sydney university campus but depending on the location, I am willing to tutor at other locations.

Cost: 1 on 1: $35/hour OR $50/2hrs.

Contact: to express your interest, or queries/other information, PM or email me on: tenayaaa@hotmail.com

Last edited:
A

ankama

Hi.Are you willing to tutor a year 12 boy in Wentworthville in English, Math, Biology and Business Studies (any or all of the before subjects if possible)? if so, can you give me phone numbers I can call? Please email me back at kim-angie@hotmail.com ASAP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)