NuRock (2 Viewers)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Hey all,

i was wondering if anyone has heard any bands (preferably rock/pop bands) around that sound like bands of the 70s or 80s?

Let me know what you think.. or if you have heard any examples of songs!

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Dogs Die in Hot Cars?
OOH and the greenskeepers...they sing that 'lotion' song, based on Silence of the Lambs.

Citizen Erased

HSC
where to begin!

i registered on this message board thing just to reply to this! theres so many!
ok...

**wolfmother - the best aussie band out at the moment and probally the 2nd best of all time (in my opinion - rite after 'masters apprentices)
*the mars volta - very 70's prog rock influenced (think yes, pink floyyd etc), their music will change ur life!
**dallas crane
*the datsuns
**67 special
*the black keys
**the cassonovas
**sway
*Dozer
*young heart attack
*the D4
*Riot Coalliton
**the pictures
**wolf and cub - some ppl rekon they sound like pink floyyd - but i dont hear it - either way they rock so i rote it anyway - plus they're playing at the cometogether festival at luna park - im so excited!

theres heaps more but i couldnt be bothered to keep going....

oh and check out my mate's band PAGE (after the one and only jimi page [god!]) at www.pagetheband.com - they're pretty 70's rock influenced - download 'evil woman' - top song!

and if its 70's rock ur into - check out 'masters apprentices' - they're like the most underated band ever - they kill ACDC (which is a big statement to make coz they rock too!) but seriously they're like the best thing to come out of australian music - listen to the songs 'turn up the stereo', 'easy to lie' and 'rio de canero' - all REALLY good songs!

Citizen Erased

HSC
by the way **

by the way the double ** thingys just means they're local aussie bands

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Thankyou so much for all your ideas Citizen Erased,
i appreciate your dedication! :lol:

Keep writing in everyone! i want to hear what you ALL think!

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
...Heh I was going to say Jet - they really do sound old though. Listen to triple m, cos the stuff they play usually IS from the 70s and 80s, but a lot of the new bands they play sound like the old bands as well.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
I LOVE Franz Ferdinand!!! in my viva i was comparing on using particular songs... i used a franz song and london calling by the clash... any other ideas of their songs i can use??

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
no no. not for essay.. this is for my viva.. im looking at the similarities between old bands and new bands and picking out similarities in their songs. thanks for the jet idea.. i picked out a perfect comparison between rollover dj and a song called taking care of business by Bachman Turner Overdrive.. Jet are the biggest rip off merchants!!!!

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I've never had to do a viva before, not that I remember anyway... what's it like?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
thanks. i'll check it out. ive already compared lwyd to imagine using chord progressions and stuff, but ill have a look at it. i swear i am losing more and more respect for that band :(

Sarah_Lou

hsc ova
HSC
guys keep in mind how hard it is to write music...have any of you tried? and it is impossible to write a piece of music without being influenced by SOMETHING thesedays...

thats my comment for the day!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Letter B?? Let it Be?? :rolleyes: which song do you mean Jazz Man Tim????

And Sarah.. Miss Postmodernist.. it is one thing to be "influenced" by someone and another thing to copy an entire section of music........ as in Rollover Dj and BTO's Taking Care of Business.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)