• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

nursing with no english in VIC (1 Viewer)

anonymous91

HSC
N/A
i'm asking this on behalf of someone i know. here's the deal. this person has just completed year 12 in SA, achieved a TER of ~83 and did restricted ESL, which does fulfill english pre-requisites (i assume cos it's deemed too easy... in SA english is not compulsory). they are currently in vic and want to stay permanently near the city centre. are there any universities in vic, preferrably close to melbourne that don't need english as a pre-requesite? they are particularly interested in studying nursing at the following unis...

ACU,Charles sturt uni,Deakin,La trobe, monash, RMIT, Victoria uni

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
English in nursing is virtually a prereq, how is your friend mean't to help care for patients, deal with simillar sounding medications (LASSA drugs) when she does not have a good grasp on the national language, let alone get through 3 years of uni and on the ward teaching?

Most unis have: "Current Year 12 units 3 and 4—English (any)" as the prereq. I think your friend will have to look into less scrupulous nursing colleges and private institutions if she wants to try and get around the prerequisites.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)