• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Nutrition/dietetics (1 Viewer)

OS

Banned
HSC
Anyone studying in this area at uni/know someone who is/ can give info. about? What are the specifics of a course in this area? Length?? UAI?? I am thinking of entering this field and any info. would be greatly appreciated, please.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Give people time...and, no, 20 minutes does not constitute time.

Meanwhile, how about you do some independant research, use UAC to find out what uni's offer NUDI courses, their cutoffs and so on, use the uni websites to find out more about individual programs, have a look at the controlling associations website, find some articles relating to the field, do whatever.

OS

Banned
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Give people time...and, no, 20 minutes does not constitute time.

Meanwhile, how about you do some independant research, use UAC to find out what uni's offer NUDI courses, their cutoffs and so on, use the uni websites to find out more about individual programs, have a look at the controlling associations website, find some articles relating to the field, do whatever.
Thanks and I was giving ppl time............. On most other BOS sub-forums ppl respond ASAP.... So what, I'm an eager young thing!

OS

Banned
HSC
Oh and I wanted my thread title reappear on the main page .... so I typed that second part saying hurry up peeps and brought it into the limelight again. .............

Cab31

HSC
My sister is doing nutrition and dietetics at QUT in Brisbane. The main place to do it in NSW is either Wollongong Uni or Newcastle uni. They do run Nutrition at Sydney Uni, but the dietetics componant must be studied as an honours year at the end of the 3 year degree. I think the cut off at wollongong last year was 95.00, Which is a lot higher than it has been in previous years (usually lingering around 91). Generally wollongong has the highest cutoff.
Nutrition is a 3 year degree
Dietetics is always studied as a fourth year on top of this (regardless of whether you do it as a nutrition/dietetics combined degree or a nutrition degree with a fourth year as an honours dietetics program - i.e. the first three years of nutrition/dietetics is the nutrition degree).
Here is some information from my Uni (QUT) on the course:
http://www.courses.qut.edu.au/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Courses.woa/wa/selectMajorFromMain?courseID=913

Note that it will mention an OP/rank as the cutoff. This applies to QLD students only, but there is a conversion table in your UAC guide that can help you work it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)