Nutrition ( No it's not a how do I lose weight thread) (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Hi
Now, say for example something contains 250 calories and 5.6g of saturated fat.

Does this 5.6g of saturated fat mean I increase in mass by 5.6g ( Lol) and do excess calories turn straight to fat?

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
no. it means that here is 5.6 grams of fat/100g or per serve (depending on what column you're reading from) in that food.

It's up to you whether you decide to use that fat by exercising.

"calories" are just a measure of 'energy'. This might come in the form of fats or carbohydrates. If you consume more 'energy' than you use then you will put on weight.

quik.

HSC
In a nutshell, no.

You will be heavier after a meal simply because that meal is inside you, but you haven't put on x amount of muscle just by eating it.

I forget the amount of calories in 1kg of fat.. I think it's 7000 or around abouts.

Excess fats are stored, yes. Excess carbohydrates are stored. However, you burn fats throughout most of the day. Low to medium intensity activities are the most effective for directly burning fat. Sitting at your computer reading this response: you are using fat.

BreezerD

HSC
So you're telling him to spend more time on the computer to lose more fat? What an excellent personal trainer/nutritionist you are!

quik.

HSC
So you're telling him to spend more time on the computer to lose more fat? What an excellent personal trainer/nutritionist you are!
Hi!

Please learn to read.

Yours forever,

quik.

BreezerD

HSC
No, I definitely read it properly.

By implying that light-to-medium intensity activity (such as sitting at the computer, which you provided as an example) is the best for burning fat (which is somewhat true - dietary fat is the primary macronutrient used as an energy source in resting state) you're misleading him into thinking that this is actually a GOOD way to burn fat, dietary or bodyfat.

If you want to burn fat, you do high-intensity work. Period. Heavy compound weight lifting, high-intensity interval training, sprinting, barbell complexes, metcon circuits, etc. That or long slow distance cardio - cycling or running.

Shoom, I suggest you make an effort to become more educated about the basics of nutrition and health as they will be essential to your ability to lead a healthy lifestyle, now and later in life.

quik.

HSC
Peak fat use is definitely not as low as computer related activities, but vastly more than any high intensity exercise.

Peak fat use being around 60% VO2, for those playing at home.

Edit for the apparent PhD BreezerD up there:
No, I definitely read it properly.

By implying that light-to-medium intensity activity is the best for burning fat you're misleading him into thinking that this is actually a GOOD way to burn fat, dietary or bodyfat.
You are implying I said sitting at the computer was the best for burning fat. Please quote this?

I clearly said that sitting at the computer he would be using fat, which is true. Nowhere did I tell him that this was the ideal way to burn fat.

If you want to burn fat, you do high-intensity work. Period. Heavy compound weight lifting, high-intensity interval training, sprinting, barbell complexes, metcon circuits, etc. That or long slow distance cardio - cycling or running.
Heavy compound lifting and high intensity interval training will help you burn fat long term, but the exercise itself will primarily make use of the anaerobic and carbohydrate metabolisms. Sprinting is the same, if you did the 100m once you'd use up your ATP stores but whoop, no fat.

I do agree however that people should educate themselves on diet/exercise. So you've got that going for you.

Last edited:

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
It's not a how do i lose weight, but another of those How do I gain weight threads. Fucking bastards.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
You know BMR ( Basic Metabolic Rate) - The calories yuor body burns to carry out bodily functions like pumping the heart etc, do these calories burnt from these activites still count in burning of fat?

BMR Calculator

According to this by doing jack shit all day, im burning 5000 calories a day. WTF.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
ok today I had a can of tuna in springwater, an up and go and a can of vegetables so farcalorie count = 350 later for lunch I had a salad containing rocket and tomato with vinegar + a smoked salmon sandwich

Im guessing the calorie count is now at 850,

Exercise= 3 sets of shoulder press, 300 hand grips, 3 sets of upright rows.

Ill do more weights tonight, i=an I losing weight this way?

TheJuggernaut

HSC
i=an I losing weight this way?
yea, you should lose weight this way.
if your weight was stable. then after lowering your energy intake and increasing your amount of exercise you should be losing weight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)