• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

O-week (1 Viewer)

Leggs

HSC
This is probably an incredibly stupid question and I'm just seriously overlooking something, but, is there a big Orientation thing like UNSW does (their one seems crazy huge)?

Kegs

HSC
No. We dont have much stuff like that. Macq is pretty lame when it comes to that sort of thing. Sorry, leave before it is too late...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
UNSW hold one to suck you into uni and be all like "whoa thats so cool". Then you learn the truth.

MQ takes a more 'honest' approach.

Leggs

HSC
Haha I can't go anywhere else! (Except perth) MQ's the only uni around that does my course :(
I'm just bummed I missed out on last year's conception day...can't believe you had Karnivool and I wasn't there to see it.
Still holding out for some science kids in here.

williamc

HSC
Leggs said:
Haha I can't go anywhere else! (Except perth) MQ's the only uni around that does my course :(
I'm just bummed I missed out on last year's conception day...can't believe you had Karnivool and I wasn't there to see it.
Still holding out for some science kids in here.
OMFG was karnivool there last year???

FUCKFUCUFKCUFUCLFUCUFKLFUCKC

My new life mission is to make a time machine now..

What bands do they have lined up this year??

Leggs

HSC
I heard last year was Karnivool, Horsell Common and Mammal...all three of which I love dearly...
Conception day's in like September so I highly doubt anyone knows what's going on with it yet.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah it pretty much rocked my pance off :)

Leggs

HSC
AsyLum said:
Yeah it pretty much rocked my pance off :)
*turns green with envy*
This year will just have to be even better then...I need to be impressed haha and lack of o-week needs to be made up somehow

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Conception Day > O-Week.

After you've woken up wearing someone else's clothes, in the bushes across the lake, and next to an emu. Yeah.

Leggs

HSC
Where the hell did you find an emu?
I'm impressed

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
mq is underrated uni. ilike its environemtn compared to city unis for some reason. i also highly enjoyed conception day.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
A High Way Man said:
mq is underrated uni. ilike its environemtn compared to city unis for some reason. i also highly enjoyed conception day.
Amen brother.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Haha. The Emu from CISAB i'm assuming? Unfortunately your friend wont be there to party with you this year - They shipped him off somewhere else (My supervisor was a part of CISAB, so i know the place well). The emu was somewhat of an icon at CISAB - he did this 'shimmy' dance in front of you (if he likes you that is). If you ever woke up near the emu, i'd be quite worried if I were you. :p
NOOOOOOOO.

I'll always remember our time.

miss-smexy said:
God I'm already hating that site, is that using the new CMS?

williamc

HSC
AsyLum said:
Conception Day > O-Week.

After you've woken up wearing someone else's clothes, in the bushes across the lake, and next to an emu. Yeah.
hype it up more.

So what is the point of conception day? And what actually hapens??

Gurvansh

HSC
OK O-WEEK for all those going to MQ is where every first gets to know each other while scoring as much free stuff as they possibly can!

While also joing the WANG Club, seriously the best club in the world. All it is, is a buch of cool people that do free BBQ's every 2 weeks... how gold is that....

also conception day is the longest running music festival in the country!!! 36 YEARS!

all MQ student enter free.... get hammered and listen to awesome music.. or dance their asses off!!! the most awesome day of the year!!

also MQ are offering way more things like conception day this year so it should be awesome!!!

I pitty the fools, not going to club mac! :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Haha. The Emu from CISAB i'm assuming? Unfortunately your friend wont be there to party with you this year - They shipped him off somewhere else (My supervisor was a part of CISAB, so i know the place well). The emu was somewhat of an icon at CISAB - he did this 'shimmy' dance in front of you (if he likes you that is). If you ever woke up near the emu, i'd be quite worried if I were you. :p
lol @ jamie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)