Offering tutoring ... (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys, now that my HSC is over I feel enthusiastic to offer tutoring to students.
The subjects I am willing to tutor for is; General maths, chemistry and software design and development (both preliminary and HSC course).

Tutoring depends on what you want, it can involve me teaching you the course from start to finish, or helping you with specific bits only. Totally upto you.

I haven't got my HSC marks back, however:
- 6/23 trial SDD exam, and 2/23 for major project
- I wrote my answers for my general maths hsc paper and marked it online and its so far 94/100 (not confirmed HSC mark but it'd be at least 90 I imagine)
- I got 85% for the CSSA 2005 chemistry paper

I am in the hurstville area, willing to meet up at state library (in the city) if required, or sutherland area. Willing to tutor upto groups of 3-4, preferbly 1 on 1 (its likely to get more out of me, as other people explaining concepts too means you have to wait unless you're also learning it).

$15-$20 per hour, price is negotiable.

A general overview for the tutoring session;
-if you for example have troubles with trigonometry in general maths, i'll dictate or give you notes explaining the concept of trigonometry, i'll also test you with basic questions, and move up to more difficult questions until you understand it. The same would be done for any other subject.

I'm very very patient person, willing to help and explain the most basic of things, provide a vast variety of resources for you to use and test your knowledge. I myself climbed up from averaging low 70s in maths to 90s in the HSC, and went from 60% chemistry to 85% trial. I believe (and this isn't to lure people in, but my own personal experience) that you can pull yourself up from any mark.

I can tutor people who simply just want to go that bit better and have a deeper understanding of the course ranging to knowing NOTHING at all from the course. I am flexible with hours, and will work to whatever pace YOU wish.

In terms of specific teachings for my tutoring:
- General maths: entire course + I have very very indepth knowledge of the graphics calulator inside out
- Software design and development: Visual basic, design of interfaces, entire course + evolution of programming languages option topic
- Chemistry: entire course + shipwrecks, conservation and corrosion

If you are interested, contact me on msn largo3031@hotmail.com or drop an email to casmira@gmail.com

Last edited:
HSC
k3tan said:
why do you need a graphics calculator for general maths?
Students prefer to use the graphics calculator because it saves time finding out statistic calculations, allowing the use of frequency and/or set of scores (thats the main reason for its use in general maths). Some students do also use it for financial maths (but its really more or less same thing doing the equation by each line in the equation).

wanton-wonton

HSC
Casmira said:
Students prefer to use the graphics calculator because it saves time finding out statistic calculations, allowing the use of frequency and/or set of scores (thats the main reason for its use in general maths). Some students do also use it for financial maths (but its really more or less same thing doing the equation by each line in the equation).
I don't think you're allowed to use graphic calculators in exams.

HSC
General maths students are allowed to use the graphics calculator in any exam. Mathematics, extension 1 and extension 2 students arent'. Saying that, this calculator is also limited to general maths subject only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)