Official "Week Before Olympics" Thread (1 Viewer)

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
I'll be posting threads for each day of the olympcs (in chunks of 3 days), but we should start with a prelude-to-olympics.

Discuss contraversial changes, athlete problems, drug related issues, predictions, etc.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
id like to be the first to say:
fuck you all who thought the olympics wouldnt happen because "it wouldnt be finished". the olympic village has been classed as a 5-star resort and everything is finshed.

other then that, im looking forward to it :D

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Is Marion Jones competing for THIS olympics? I remember she became the first woman to medal 5 times (relay, sprint, long jump or triple jump whichever) AND her husband actually has claimed that he injected her with drugs...that S.O.B who has come forward with this OBVIOUSLY is shooting himself when he claimed he was INNOCENT @ Sydney when they found him to be using HGH. He's her ex-hubby :D :D

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
id like to be the first to say:
fuck you all who thought the olympics wouldnt happen because "it wouldnt be finished". the olympic village has been classed as a 5-star resort and everything is finshed.

other then that, im looking forward to it :D

Ah Well....These Olympics ARE going to be

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
have we heard yet if jana pittman will be recovered enough to run? i certainly hope she is, for her sake, but then it wouldnt be a good idea to run if she wasnt fully recovered.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
have we heard yet if jana pittman will be recovered enough to run? i certainly hope she is, for her sake, but then it wouldnt be a good idea to run if she wasnt fully recovered.
As of mid-late last night...she is out, and in deep DEEP distress!

Isnt she the girl who walked last year...then got so close...then got DNQ?

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
theres no way she will be able to run, she tore a ligament. no chance. i remember seeing her run when i was younger, she won like 4 events at state, and she was huge for a 15 year old.

yeah marion jones is competing at these olympics but only in long and relay.

Mike iE

HSC
Jana is definatley out.
Silverstone: Jana is a 400m hurdler, the walker your thinking of is Jane Saville, shes competing this year. Marian Jones' ex-husband CJ Hunter can't be trusted, hes just a washed up athlete looking for revenge. But her current husband, 100m World record holder Tim Montgomery is also under a drug cloud and (convinienlty) missed the Olympic Team. Marian missed the 100m, but shes a medal hope in the 200m, Long jump and 4x100.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Silverstone: Marion Jones came 5th in the 100m after suspicions of drugs (so did Tim Montgomery btw), but she did qualify for the long jump

EDIT: didnt realise mike had answered

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
poor jana!!! she has worked so hard for this, it would be devestating for her to not go to the olympics, i hope they can fix her knee!

i can't wait for the olympics to begin!!

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Thanks Heaps Mike IE and Tommy Lamp, much appreciated comrades.

Btw....Lets reflect on the brilliance of the lady who was...Susie Oneil :)

Sigh....the best...of the best.

MADAME BUTTERFLY.

For the record, Ian Thorpe sucks cock in hell :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rofl, umm in case noones heard, jana is back in the race.

well theyre hoping anyway, since the surgery saved her. but its only a 60% chance

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
1. i hope jana is back. i thought she might be and they just made a huge deal about it in the paper

2. susie oneil was awesome.

olay

HSC
AsyLum said:
rofl, umm in case noones heard, jana is back in the race.

well theyre hoping anyway, since the surgery saved her. but its only a 60% chance
err are u sure about that one? i'm pretty sure she is definitely out and looking to the beijing olympics now. :S poor flossum.

EDIT: actually, i just read the newspaper a little while ago and saw the 60% chance thing too. i hope she gets to run :S it would be absolutely devastating to have the opportunity slip away after having put sooo much time and effort into that one moment. :S

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)