Ok, one horrible word: CLOUDSTREET (1 Viewer)

Harry Bannister

HSC
Hello,
was it just me, or did the Cloudstreet question provide you with extra exam anxiety and HORROR?!?
I had prepared so much on setting, and yet, come the exam, i couldn't even talk about setting but was claustrophobically confined to human relationships!
I couldn't even talk about people's relationship to the house, or the river, etc.
A terrible question, however, still better than last year's.
Tell me what you think.
Thrilled that it has all come to and end and that i now have the opportunity to burn my Australian classic,
Harry.

PS Sorry, I know there are Cloudstreet lovers, but i also know that you must love neighbours because i cannot tell the difference, except that neighbours has drama.

zaqwerty

HSC
Hmm I don't think it was that bad. I included some discussion on themes by showing how certain relationships developed an understanding of themes, for example, Quick and Fish's relationship furthered exploration of the intersection between the physical, the metaphysical and the supernatural worlds. I also mentioned in the last paragraph of my essay that human relationships were not the only thing that captured readers' attention, and spoke about how motifs such as the river, the house and the Blackfella were also important and also captured attention, therefore exploring further issues.

Overall, I think the question was easy to manipulate in my favour, but I guess it depends on what you studied and how you approached the question.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
You should of paid attention to the markers notes last year aswell.

I found it to be alot better than last year, being so general and unspecific compared to last year.

If you had been better prepared and not solely/mainly focused on setting, you should have been able to answer this years question better.

Anyway I was able to focus on spirituality of the 'black-fella' to the house and the characters, setting, etc. I used Winton's juxtaposition of the 'Lamb and Pickes' family and the culmanation of the two families at Quick and Roses weddint and the relationship between Rose, Dolly and Oriel.

Last edited:

Mooju

HSC
I freaked out initially, but then I decided to think about it. What I wrote about the question was that the relationships that Winton develops is used to explore universal concepts like reconciliation, a sense of belonging in families and spirituality. That's how I tackled the question =/ apart from the initial scare, it wasn't too bad

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Seriously my school prepared me for the wrong thing. They made us learn the different readings eg the Dominant Readin Femist and religious etc. So when i saw the questions i hd no idea. i wrote about lester and oriel and how their absence of religious faith created teoubles in their relationship and how they filled the faithless void with other things eg spinning the knife and etc. Just shit

pks365

HSC
that was an insult. I expected harder questions than that. I wonder which retards would have stuffed these qs up. lol well, surprisingly, I didnt need any one's help. no teacher, friend nor even god. (well, i dont really believe in any god and personally think they dont exist.....no offense guys) Gud luk with ur other exams... :).

Just relax and take it easy....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)