Olympiad Medallist/ATAR 99.80 Maths Tutoring (Sydney) (1 Viewer)

visage82

HSC
Hi everyone!

My name is Jason Kwong and I am offering one-on-one maths tutoring for Year 11 and Year 12 students as well as younger students who might be looking for preparation for maths competitions or just general extension work.

I graduated from Sydney Grammar School in 2013 and have recently finished my first year of mathematics at the University of Cambridge. Please look below to find my credentials:

High school achievements
ATAR 99.80
Mathematics Extension 1 99
Mathematics Extension 2 98
Silver medal for Australia at 2013 International Maths Olympiad in Colombia, Bronze in 2012 in Argentina
Perfect score in 2013 Australian Maths Olympiad and Gold medal in 2012

Teaching experience:
12 months of private tutoring experience
6 months as an Olympiad Teacher at Sydney Grammar
6 months as mentor and lecturer for the Australian Maths Olympiad Programme
6 months as part-time teacher's assistant for the Stimulus program in the United Kingdom

University
:
High distinctions in maths in first semester of University of Sydney 2014
First class result in first year of maths at University of Cambridge 2014-15

I am an enthusiastic tutor, who believes that any discipline is best taught in a stimulating and engaging manner. Personally, I believe that the key to success in mathematics is both a clear understanding of the concepts and their application to problems. Too often students lose marks in their exams due to a muddled understanding of certain areas of the HSC syllabus. I want to help students to be clear and settled in their thought processes so that solving HSC problems becomes second nature to them.

My basic rate is $40/hour but this is negotiable. My preferred location is the State Library but I am willing to travel depending on distance. Please find my contact details below:

Phone: 0404 036 880
Email: jason_kwong28@hotmail.com

If you wish to get in touch, I'm happy to take a call or an email.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)