olympic table tennis (1 Viewer)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
http://www.aussietabletennis.com/newsstorys.php?s=65

Men's Doubles : Rule change makes for even playing field. 11 Aug. 2004

ATHENS, 8 August - The ITTF have introduced a new rule for the doubles competition to prevent two pairs from the same NOC reaching the final, so a repeat of the all-Chinese finals at the last two Olympic Games will now be impossible.
When there are two teams from one NOC, both will be entered into the same side of the draw.

The rule change means the Chinese potential finalists of CHEN Qi/MA Lin and KONG Linghui/WANG Hao are now seeded to meet in the semi final, while the Hong Kong pairs of KO Lai Chak/LI Ching, and CHEUNG Yuk/LEUNG Chu Yan, are both

lol

EDIT: and the mascot looks retarded...

HSC
table tennis would be the most exciting event to watch....apart from womens beach vollyball or womens hot oil wrestling

klh

HSC
altho you guys dont follow it to an extreme that i do, there have been many upsets in this olympics, where many of the top seeds have been done by other veterens or new guys, gals. The world no. 1 Wang NAN has been out by a another fellow chinese.

Actually, table tennis is very exciting, if two of the players pull of a succession of loops/counter loops. It was great that SBS has shown some. Other exciting sports like Volleyball Indoor, badminton and Swim ming are good too!

If you want to know more info, go to www.ittf.com

have fun pongin'

Tony

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ahahah is that the mascot??

i love table tennis, but an all one country final is fine to me

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
lol i convert to pencil holder to handshake/pistols grip recently :p i get more spin with it hehe

mmm without an all chinese final it wouldnt be as intense =P

neonazi

klh said:
It was great that SBS has shown some. Other exciting sports like Volleyball Indoor, badminton and Swim ming are good too!
another great sport they have shown is european handball!!! they should show more of it.
and even though i suk at table tennis, i think its awesome!!
and snooker should be an olympic sport too!!!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
did china win over HK last night?

i was watching it but then union was on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)