• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Omit the conclusion? (1 Viewer)

the_matrix

HSC
When I'm short on time is it better to get all my main points down and omit the conclusion or is the conclusion a must, no matter how brief it is?

Also do you get penalised for using dot point form (say for one paragraph or the conclusion) because you're very short on time?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes you do get penalised using dot point form because this is an essay, not a shopping list and having to write things in dot point form or omitting the conclusion altogether indicates bad time management skills. You should always try to have a conclusion-because it provides completeness to the essay and show that you are respecting the question and the essay form, and you can't expect teachers to remember all your points after reading through your essay without some sort of good summary.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
In English - never write dotpoints. I know in HSIE subjects you can - but in English its a nono.

In regards to conclusion - Neglect your body paragraph and write that conclusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)