open-ended investigation assessment task (1 Viewer)

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
has anybody done the open-ended investigation assessment task yet on the chapter 'maintaining a balance'? the one where u have 2 design ur own experiment n do a presentation? if so, can u tell me whats a good topic i can do? thanx

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
What dot-point is this for?

I'll need a little bit for info on what the assessment task requires.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Note that there is an actual biology forum where you can ask questions. This is just after thoughts for the Biology HSC exam

psych_girl

HSC
thats ok

we did a fucken class practical HSC task last yr on this chapter.....so no idea about open-ended....but dont think its hard.....

izi

HSC
My investigation is to find the effect on enzymes in different concentrations of Hydrogen peroxide. Can sum1 tell me whether my "control" test tubes should be same concentration but without the enzyme OR the control to be just water with the enzyme??

ta

alien

HSC
izi said:
My investigation is to find the effect on enzymes in different concentrations of Hydrogen peroxide. Can sum1 tell me whether my "control" test tubes should be same concentration but without the enzyme OR the control to be just water with the enzyme??

ta
we combined that experiment with testing the effect of changed heat and the effect of changed pH, so our control was a 10% hydrogen peroxide with 1cm cube of liver, for the whole thing. make sure you slip the word substrate in there somewhere

psych_girl

HSC
cool

I think the open-ended investigation assessment is far more ezier than pratical in class. Is it like a report or sth?
We did only one report in year 11 last year which is about the animals. I wrote human beings.(11 pages A4)....I remebered that report was full mark or sth.....I was so pround of myself only for that assessment.....(worth 20% in the final year 11 report)

Last edited:

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i think i did my open-ended investigation on effects of sunlight and different soils on plants... was this a year 11 assessment?

psych_girl

HSC
tammer said:
i think i did my open-ended investigation on effects of sunlight and different soils on plants... was this a year 11 assessment?
what i mean is we've only done 1 report in high school for bio......It was in year 11....for HSC, we get in class tests.....and presentation on "blueprint of life"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)