• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Open Uni (1 Viewer)

darksouljah

HSC
I was just wondeirng if any of you know if Bachelor of Business (Financial Planning) is a good online choice compared to on campus-training.

What are the advantages and disadvantages?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
darksouljah said:
I was just wondeirng if any of you know if Bachelor of Business (Financial Planning) is a good online choice compared to on campus-training.

What are the advantages and disadvantages?
You must be absolutely committed to following a schedule each week.
You have to set yourself a uni todo list every week and ensure that it is completed every week. So if you take one or two units a study period, you must set time for each uni (try minimum ten hours per unit a week).

The positive to this is that you study on your terms. There are no lectures/labs/tutorials (normally) to attend, so you study whenever it conveniences you. One thing a lot of on campus students have a problem with (myself included) is trying to wrap uni around work or work around uni in the form of timetabling. Studying it via distance (using OUA for example) doesn't give you that problem. You still need to study, but with no attendance at all, you're able to study before/during/after work (if you work).

If you're able to get into a uni, then I suppose for the experience it's a better choice. But then if you're unable to, or just want to work full-time while studying, then maybe OUA is better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)