Open Universities Australia (1 Viewer)

Disssi

HSC
N/A
I did really shit in year 11, and thus i didn’t actually get early entry offers (I did but for courses I don’t want and from shitty unis)

My grades significantly improved for year 12, but due to lockdown and loss of motivation, i didn’t exactly study as much as I should of. Even though I felt like I did well on my exams so far, I’m still a bit skeptical cause sometimes I do well in exams and then they end up being shit.

so I just found out about OUA and I want to apply for Macquire Uni for psychology, you basically do 2 units online and if you get above 65 you can transfer to a bachelor of psychology. There are no entry requirements (aka no atar needed).

I want this as my backup in case I don’t get in through my atar. What do you guys think? Good idea? Has anyone tried it?

Leadmen4y

HSC
sounds free to me. 65 is equivalent to credit if I'm not mistaken should be very doable. but don't buy in the idea of the backup and do ur best for hsc coz u know a hurdle is still a hurdle best to just get in the course straight away through atar right?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Just to give a bit of additional information regarding Open Universities Australia (in case anyone else may be interested). It is a is a not-for-profit organisation aimed at helping students access tertiary education. It partners with a number of Australian universities, including:
  • Australian Catholic University (ACU)
  • Australian National University (ANU)
  • Charles Sturt University (CSU)
  • Macquarie University (MQ)
  • University of New South Wales (UNSW)
Using Open Universities Australia as an alternative pathway to your chosen degree at MQ seems like a good backup option (I am assuming that by Bachelor of Psychology, you are referring to the non-Honours degree, which requires an 80 ATAR). However, as mentioned above, make sure that you truly consider this option as a backup, which implies the need to do your best in your remaining HSC exams (if you have not yet completed all of them), allowing you to meet the ATAR requirement of your chosen degree and hence not having to worry about the backup option.

Regarding the need to complete 2 units, indeed, 65 places you in the credit region, which is not highly difficult to achieve.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)