Opinions on Leading Edge college tutoring (1 Viewer)

davidw89

HSC
Iam thinking about going to the ones in City next term for year 12...theyhave one on wednesday/thrusday till 7pm and one on Sunday. Can anyone give me some comments as iam paying about $900 a term.

HSC
davidw89 said:
Iam thinking about going to the ones in City next term for year 12...theyhave one on wednesday/thrusday till 7pm and one on Sunday. Can anyone give me some comments as iam paying about $900 a term.

Woahh .. you shouldnt really put your ph. number on this forum.. just incase some weirdo calls .. you .... * hints * ..

anywho .. yeah same as me .. but for me im in year 12 .. and im wondering whihc one i should chose over, intution or leading edge !!

take care ..

lilkiwicutie

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
find out what kind of teacher you'll get at school first, then maybe you won't have to spend that much on tutoring.

But if it's absolutely necessary, i'm sure them guys at Leading Edge are great.

-P_D

davidw89

HSC
Well they said they have 2-3 teachers per class..and theres this form where you can fill out to get to try their classes for one lesson and then you can choose to make your decision. I think i might do that..i'll let you know guys. I dont really like one on one..as the leading edge people tend to have more economic resources stuff like books, newsletter every month( these are cool), up to date statistic, top by topic summary, good editors

Edit: Does anyone go to the city one, does those famous book author work there? I wouldnt mind a chat with them :p

Edit again: Letting you guys know that iam refering to the Success package.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
You don't need tutoring for Economics, but I recommend you go to the Leading Edge revision workshops in year 12 - best notes.

davidw89

HSC
Why not?? Plus its like an extra 2 h and a half class everyweek where you get to talk about economic stuff..i am thinking about joinnig cuz its interesting.

cerene

procrastinator
HSC
Its easier if you do your own study, because Leading Edge is very time consuming.
Its also kind of boring.. and when you get bored you dont learn anything. I went for a trial lesson and I didnt sign up, but I did buy the textbok and the model answers.

Its publications are great. Its tuition is not very worthwhile.. but if you really need it then go for it. $900 isnt that much when you consider missing your course and then paying full fee.

davidw89

HSC
SomaFairy said:
I go to the leading edge weekly classes ..and its boring, behind on what we're studying at school, the tutors keep changing, they can't mark essays properly, some of the tutors there (except Ankit, Claudia) don't have indepth knowledge of what they are teaching and can't answer our questions, worse still..sometimes they're so incompetent that it takes more than 30 mins to go through the quiz we get each lesson. I can't believe i paid for this bullshit....i was totally fooled by the revision holiday workshops...
Holy shitz are you in year 11 or year 12..how bad is it really? Do yo uactualyl learn anything as iam not going to waste 2 and a half hour per week for nothing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)