Organisational Feasibility (1 Viewer)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I have Organisational Feasibility as meaning whether the new system will fit into the organisation and meet the current goals and objectives. It also determines whether the new system will have enough support from participants to be successfully implemented and whether participants can operate the system.

My question is, when it says "whether the new system will have enough support from participants" what exactly does it mean? :confused:

Huy

HSC
N/A
*Puts on IPT costume*

As you've correctly stated, the organisational feasibility (one of the four constraints: economic, technical, schedule and organisational) refers to the determinination of wether or not the system will meet the corrent goals/objectives.

The second part of the definition talks about '...and will meet the current goals and objectives, having enough support to be successfully implemented'

My understanding of 'whether the new system will have enough support from participants' is as follows:

- Can the participants use the system?
- Are they able to operate the new system?

They are the two questions which you should ask yourself. If the answer is 'Yes', then the new system has enough support from the participants.

It is a definition, and in this case, you are questioning the definition. I tend to agree with it and leave it be (I'm not one to ask 'but why?' when 99% of people agree, if you know what I mean).

Basically, a new system will be accepted, it will meet the current aims, objectives and goals of the organisation if it is accepted by the participants (users of the system). If a new system has enough support, then surely it will succeed. This goes back to organisational feasibility, whether the system is able to fit into the organisation, meeting current goals/objectives.

Questions you need to ask yourself:
- What type of organisation does this scenario involve?
- What is it's purpose?
- How does it perform information processes?
- Who are it's users? (People and Participants)
- What is it's aims, goals and objectives?

Secondly,
By looking at the support base (participant support), that's a measure of how successful the new system will be.

More support leads to a successful implementation of the new system, ultimately meeting the criteria/scenario's aims, goals and objectives.

(Tip: I doubt that they'd ask you about this explicitly in the HSC ;))

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Man you're good.. thanks a lot. :D Now I've just got an analysis report and operation manual to do and my major project is finished! Phew.. :apig:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by honky tonk
Man you're good.. thanks a lot. :D
Sure, no problem.

Good luck with your major project :)
I received mine back today, somewhat dissapointed, but I am happy overall.

The reasoning? I was shot down to 2nd place (just in terms of this major project, hahaha!).

I was expecting to hear "Huy on 1st place" with the announcements that are usually made after all the assessments have been given back, but I was stunned to hear that another student (the guy coming 2nd in IPT) beat me by 1 mark.

I could have haggled and complained about some sections/parts and would have achieved 1 more mark, but it doesn't make a difference to me.

Our major projects were out of 60, (worth 20%)
1st place - This guy on 56/60
2nd place - Me on 55/60

Very close indeed, 3rd place wasn't announced, but it was probably in the mid to low 40s.

It makes sense though,
I spent 6 hours working from about 10pm to 4am before the due date, and the other guy started weeks before I had. (He didn't have a physics and chemistry option assessment to hand in a few days after IPT lol!)

No excuses for me though,

Anyway,
Good luck with that major project, honky tonk.
Hope all goes well :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tigerboi
Mmm i was about to say what huy said. annyways good luck
We all know the truth.
Sadly, the truth hurts ;) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)