Other universities? (1 Viewer)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
lol, i just realised... why is ANU in other universities??

it may not have very good undergrad programs, but it is still one of the premier universities in australia.

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
yeah i agree, i guess jsut not enough people post here and its not in sydney.
Its undergrad is fine, law is just as good as sydney and nsw and its the best for science ecpecially if you get 99+ and do phb.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
lol, i just realised... why is ANU in other universities??

it may not have very good undergrad programs, but it is still one of the premier universities in australia.
what do u mean by ANU not having good undergrad programs? :confused:

Ribbon

I posted this question in the general chat awhile ago but it didn't get really far...

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23404&highlight=ANU+regional

the only answer I got was that it is a 'national' uni, but it, like all the other unis, still has an easily determined 'drawing area' (ie ppl from sydney go to usyd, ppl from canberra go to ANU) and doesn't nessarily draw a higher percentage of students from a larger/broader area (which is the definition of regional isn't it?)

and, like I said in that other thread, its damn annoying having to click twice to get in here :rolleyes:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
ANU is full of people from Sydney, Wollongong and the South Coast of NSW as well as from Melbourne and parts of Victoria. I don't think it's that regional, if anything, it's drawing area is larger than other universities.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
what do u mean by ANU not having good undergrad programs? :confused:
my parent's are academics, it is their impression that ANU is too research focused, thus skimps on undergrad programs.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hmm yeah, i've heard that ANU is very post grad and research based as well...maybe i should do a course at usyd first THEN go to ANU...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)