• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

our 2U maths are insane, will it affect me? (1 Viewer)

m00

HSC
Okey, I got 35% for a HSC exam, my whole 2 unit class ranged from 10% to 45% being the highest, the other class, the highest was 50%, the 3 unit class the highest was like 60% and the 4 unit class (they had to do the exam), the highest was I think 77%

from what I understand, the rankings are the most important thing, but I dont know anymore, I feel so stressed out about my horrible mark, our maths exams always seem to be so hard no matter how much work I put into studying it, I feel comfortable before the exam but then in the exam they put a question from the book and make it 20 times harder and from there I feel fucked! the teachers even say they make it very hard for us so they can prepare us for the HSC exam, but i've seen the 2 unit maths exams its no where near as difficult as what they set us, I feel so robbed...

what am I doing wrong and what can I do to improve, is the mark really bad considering other peoples marks? :'(

leoyh

mic`
HSC
yeah its true the hsc isnt as hard as what your school tests are, i guess they just want you to prepare you by making the exams harder.

yeah your ranking is most important, and for that you disregard the 4u people. for 2u, you have to consider people in 3u's ranking too. so depends hwo you rank out of everyone who does 2 and 3. rank is most important, not mark

in terms of how to study for maths, what i always do is revision Questions or questions from textbooks and then past papers. its worked so far

maybe you should try it? i dunno

me121

Premium Member
HSC
m00 said:
Okey, I got 35% for a HSC exam...
Just to clarity, you mean you did a past HSC exam and that was your raw mark? Or do you just mean you did an assessment task that was not a past HSC exam?

m00

HSC
assesment task in school made by a teacher which goes towards the hsc

me121

Premium Member
HSC
m00 said:
assesment task in school made by a teacher which goes towards the hsc
Just to let you know, its not a HSC exam then, it's a hsc internal assessment task, (there are many names for it, but HSC exam means the final hsc exam).

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
What school do you currently attend?

Some schools have hard internal exams and assessments set, then the whole grade completely aces the HSC final exam, which their marks get moderated up e.g. James Ruse. Other schools, have easy internal exams and assessments set, and when they screw up the HSC final exam, their marks get moderated down.

So don't worry about it. Please correct me anyone if wrong :).

Sonata

HSC
lol yea same case happening in my school, my teacher gives the class hard question like band 5 - 6 questions. Though it does give a sense of relief once u look at normal non-selective test papers for maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)