• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Out of class action of a first class law student (1 Viewer)

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Out of class action of a first class law student.
Source: UTS Magazine, U

Cramming at night; sleeping through the day. John Wu may seem like a stereotypical uni student, but looks can be deceiving.
The 22 year old, who is in the final year of LLB / Bachelor of Medical Science degree, also works two jobs (one with a barrister, the other with a commercial litigation firm) is the Education (Internal Engagement) Director for UTS's Law Students' Society and in his spare time, composes soundtracks for short films.

"I like challenges" says Wu. "When something is very hard it actually attracts me more."
Last year he was part of two teams who won the Senior Mooting and Senior Negotiation Competition grand finals at UTS. For Wu, who readily admits: "I need to be quite active to be sane," his secrets for success are to persevere" and "do your best."

"And, I know it's easy to say, but don't put too much pressure on yourself. When you feel like you can't keep up with the readings or things are piling up, just do them one at a time and give it your best. More often things are better done when you're calm, measured and methodical."

Wu admits "there have been a few all nighters".
"Law can be very competitive. Some students have to keep on trying, other students just get lucky." Wu though, is up for the challenge."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)