P.I.P marks (1 Viewer)

Jaded Cynic

hey all. I was wondering if we ever end up knowing our pip mark? I've heard two different answers and so I hoped someone on here would know the answer. I know we dont get feedback, but do we at least get some indication of how we went in it?

mishka

HSC
N/A
You never receive your PIP mark back.. people often say they can figure out how they went when they get their HSC mark, but it's never disclosed to you personally. You might be able to get a rough guesstimate by judging your HSC mark compared to how you think you went in the exam. :) I've heard something in the grapevine about a formula (?) but I've never actually seen it or had anyone explain to me what it's all about.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Apparently your school can calculate your mark for you because they get sent this thing which tells them how much of your HSC mark came from your PIP. Well our school does it anyway. Happens around April/May.

buzz222

HSC
Our teacher always told us we could never find out our marks, but apparently a girl that went to my school last year figured out that you can get the mark but you have to pay for it. Im not sure how much though.

mishka

HSC
N/A
Sweets said:
Apparently your school can calculate your mark for you because they get sent this thing which tells them how much of your HSC mark came from your PIP. Well our school does it anyway. Happens around April/May.
That's the thing I've heard about before - but maybe schools have to apply for it?? My school has never received anything like that before :rolleyes:

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
I've also hear of this formula thing, my teacher told me about it, so it seems like there's a real possibility that we can get our individual pip marks.

pig_93

HSC
according to the FOI act we SHOULD be allowed to get them!
i swear we should sign a petition or something. its not fair to spend that long on something and put ur little heart into it, and then never get ur marks back. not fair!

i spose u could estimate, but u would never ever actually know.
does anyone know exactly how to get the marks for them??

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
yes i agree...if someone knows how to figure out the mark let us know!!
i didnt do all that work for nothing.

for those who are lucky enough to get a band 6 (and do find out) when is this happening?

kristy_lee26

HSC
even trying to estimate your Pip mark in the formula stated will not work as the only way to estimate your Hsc marks is from past exams, but your teacher may mark harder or easier, you may have done better or crap. So you never do know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)