• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

P-Plate drivers!! (1 Viewer)

dave_119

Banned
HSC
will we ever learn that driving is a priviledge and responsibility!! i thought this would have already been posted...
i read in todays paper! '100 hours of Kaos" or sumthn!! 4 horrorific accident, 3 involving a wrx and one skyline!!
thoughts?

tattoodguy

1 per day or whatever....................big fucking shit.

we have 20,000,000 ppple in this country

who gives a rats fucking arse.

most of these ppple are o9nly killing themselves.........so who cares.

the laws are fine, 99% of p platers drive without incident....there is no problem its just a media hyped load of shit.

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
dave_119 said:
will we ever learn that driving is a priviledge and responsibility!! i thought this would have already been posted...
i read in todays paper! '100 hours of Kaos" or sumthn!! 4 horrorific accident, 3 involving a wrx and one skyline!!
thoughts?
2 wrx's recently one blue one white

PookieMonster

HSC
the problem is young drivers have access with cars with more power than they should be given... p platers shouldnt have an alcohol limit or a curfew... they shouldnt be allowed to have 8 cylinder cars... or anything designed for high speed

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
tattoodguy said:
1 per day or whatever....................big fucking shit.

we have 20,000,000 ppple in this country

who gives a rats fucking arse.

most of these ppple are o9nly killing themselves.........so who cares.

the laws are fine, 99% of p platers drive without incident....there is no problem its just a media hyped load of shit.
I'd have to say I agree...all those incidents of P-plater crashes that happened reacently, if they had been non-P-platers, the media would ignore it and no one would give a shit. People can kill themselves driving wrecklessly, thats good cos it means less idiots on the road

PookieMonster

HSC
wrx said:
Fuck the curfew, limit the power, but no curfew!
yay im right arent i? accidents still happen during the day.,... and older drivers see a p plater and pick on them, i have cars right up my arse (IN MY CAR) all the time, and extra confident that ill fuck up cos im a p plater.... seriously... im a good driver, despite an accident which happened during the day and wasnt my fault.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
If you smash into a telegraph pole at 180km/h it's your own fault. You deserve to die. The only people who don't are innocent people you might run into e.g. a car with a family in it.

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
PookieMonster said:
the problem is young drivers have access with cars with more power than they should be given... p platers shouldnt have an alcohol limit or a curfew... they shouldnt be allowed to have 8 cylinder cars... or anything designed for high speed
i totally agree! :uhhuh:
not to generalise, but guys especially, with their high powered cars! it just inflates their egos! when other peeps see them on the road they r more inclined to wana show off their good driving skills and race em! to show off how much better their cars are and they r.

but i aint dissin it. its fact that pp do it.
seriously, why shud p platers have high powered cars, theres no where really u can go that allows for incredbly high speed limits ne ways..

PookieMonster

HSC
Butterfly Kissz said:
i totally agree! :uhhuh:
not to generalise, but guys especially, with their high powered cars! it just inflates their egos! when other peeps see them on the road they r more inclined to wana show off their good driving skills and race em! to show off how much better their cars are and they r.

but i aint dissin it. its fact that pp do it.
seriously, why shud p platers have high powered cars, theres no where really u can go that allows for incredbly high speed limits ne ways..
its only meant to be 90 or 100 km if ur on p's so why have a vehicle designed to go over 200 km

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
yenta said:
I'd have to say I agree...all those incidents of P-plater crashes that happened reacently, if they had been non-P-platers, the media would ignore it and no one would give a shit. People can kill themselves driving wrecklessly, thats good cos it means less idiots on the road
I guess you missed the media attention on street racing and hoons a few years back that made the State Government bring in laws to confiscate cars that were doing burnouts and participating? Or you missed the media campaigns around the most dangerous stretches of highway around NSW? Or perhaps you missed the media reports on the unfairness of the sentencing when celebrities were involved in DUI? Or the media pushing the idea that drivers over 65 should be retested every year or so?

I'm guessing you were born yesterday if you missed all these.

Face it young drivers are good targets right now, a few years back it was a different target and now it's you. As long as it sells newspapers they will stick with it, like the trains. As soon as people stop foaming at the mouth at the mere mention of these stories they will stop dedicating pages and pages on them.

You'll notice during Christmas they will bitch about how high the road toll is/was, how many people were caught drink driving, the fact police are powerless to stop them and then when the holidays are over they wait until Australia Day then Easter to basically rehash the same crap.

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
PookieMonster said:
its only meant to be 90 or 100 km if ur on p's so why have a vehicle designed to go over 200 km
exactly..
like my bro he tires to be all hardcore with his done p car and pushes it to like 130/140 in a 70 zone? wats the fucking point seriously. im like wat? u thuink ur all hard and cool now??

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
in aus its fukn stupid to speed. Like in uk, my cuz can do 240kmh no problem. But they have roads, we have shit house dirt tracks (compared to theirs).

Its in boys nature to speed. Just the smart ones realise before its too late.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
In Britain they want to ban those road-side tributes and flowers OR make sure that there's a message next to it depicting what happened e.g. "Drunk-driver speeding and overtaking on a blind corner smashed into a family of 4".

neuro_logik

HSC
I agree that they should limit the power of the cars attainable to p-platers. These problems keeps occuring because there are dickheads that speed and think it is cool, but then lose control because they are inexperienced and cannot handle the car properly = death or injury or do not know what to do in specific situations, like when they lose traction etc.

I have a ford laser sure its a shit box but i know its ins and outs and what it is capable of and most of all control it properly... ohh yeh i can make it go sideways without the handbrake ;) (Dorift!!!!!!!)

lengstar

HSC
yeah, most i've gone is 140 on a 90 zone to test its limits. you don't need to go any higher than that so a 150 k limit would be great in case you need to get out of a situation.

PookieMonster

HSC
i have a charade. it is physically incapable of doing over 90 without a funny buzz.

it looks like a rollerskate...

i have done 140 in it thru john renshaw but seriously it was dumb, the roads were empty and i was late lol never do it again....

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Too many young boys playing Initial D or Need for Speed and watching too much Fast and the Furious. You can't change the fact that these boys have no idea how to drive other than basic handling and this is the result. I agree that curfews will do nothing, but limiting the power of cars they drive would help.

It's interesting though, boys with those cars couldnt possibly afford them without some parental assistance, so its also up to the parents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)