Page reloading while loading... (1 Viewer)

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Since about 3 days ago, the BOS forum pages have been reloading by itself while loading... OK, I'll explain in more detail

Usually while the pages are loading, I can scroll down to read as far as I can while more and more of the page is revealed but recently the page has been reloading by itself and consequently returning me to the top of the page, meaning I have to scroll down again, but while I'm scrolling the page reloads itself again taking me to the top. This keeps happening and I have to wait till the page completely loads before I can scroll down in without having to worry about being teleported to the beginning.

This is especially annoying when trying to post because it means that everything I typed while the page is reloading disappears. I have a slow modem so waiting for all the pages to load takes a long time.

This has never happened before, doesn't happen on any other web pages/forums and I did not change any of my browser settings. I use the opera 7 web browser btw

Any ideas:(

Thanks

Last edited:

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
I've been getting the same problem also - but only in Opera 7. (like - it doesnt do it in IE)
I can't see anything in the source that would be doing it - but mods - did you add/change anything in any standard template for the site? Becase this is really annoying and it didnt do it before...
Since its not doing it in IE: Is there any cross-browser compat. code thats screwed?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Is it just the forum, or does it happen on the main site as well?

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Only on the forums, although it may be due to the fact that the pages on the main site don't take as long to load completely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)