Paper 2 Section 2 Module B (1 Viewer)

BlackAshes

HSC
I absolutely loved this question.
I did King Lear and was able to talk about the Lear/Cordelia relationship and the impact that has on the play, and also how different readings altered the relationship and significance and how that was emphasised in the love test scene and the storm scene (i know everyone does those two) and also through the themes.

But yeah, I thought this was an awesome question for Lear, couldn't have been easier.

bethdocker85

HSC
nitnit said:
I did harwood and the question got me at first.. but then I managed to pull something out of the hat.. "love and pain"!

what else did you guys choose as the "intense emotion" ?
I did Yeats, and the emotions I did were love, passion and desire. :)

bethdocker85

HSC
Smart Alec said:
i also didnt read the question properly! I didnt bother reading the second part so i didnt focus on a single emotion, just a variety of emotions. ggrrrrr.
It said focus on AT LEAST ONE = you can focus on more than one! da.

I read the question, and I focused on 3.

So you're all good.

mememelody

HSC
luv.bubble said:
HORRIBLE for king lear
"intense family relationships that captivate audiences"
i had prepared so much for the text's textual integrity, its values of natural order, etc, that was what made king lear a successful and worthy text.
so family relationships????
i only knew about one character??????
the king???
i had to fully remould my essay.
luckily i remembered SOME information on cordelia
and i vaguely remembered some things to do with kent.
oh well
its better than last year's "characterisation" question
and i am so glad they didnt specify questions on women.
because like i said.
i only know the king.
OH GOODNESS! HAHAH YEAI AGREEEE OH MY GOSH...
all i could write about was king lear and his relationship with his daughters.... T_T
ALTHOUGH some of my friends remoulded their essays to look at the relationship between lear and himself. which works i guess. which i didn't do even though i had a good paragraph on lear's insanity and insight T_T

GAHHH! my teacher lied!!! she said that there was a high chance of it asking for a PERSONAL response!!!

pinkcandy

HSC
umm i did lear and i did a dysfunctional family relationship between Gloucester, Edmund and Egdar in the parallel plot. unfortunately not as well as i could've written it... question threw me but oh well. we always knew lear was going to be the hardest.
loved emma and clueless... just used marriage/relationships and economic class. i interpreted it as themes not techniques. frontline was good too. not specific at all!

shona1990

HSC
For Harwood, I just talked about inevitability of time/change and the emotions involved with that - love, pain, etc, as well as faith.

Only wrote about 3.5 pages. :(

Totally screwed that one!

*bangs head on desk*

shoe-gal45

HSC
Does noone do Wuthering Heights?

I thought the question was OK, but I tend to get caught up in talking about the book too much, not answering the question..

If anyone did do Wuthering Heights, what relationship/s did you focus on? I did Catherine and Heathcliff as well as a minor comparison against thier relationship to Catherine and Edgar, showing the different parts of society and the symbolism between Wutering Heights and Thrushcross Grange.

Post any feedback :)

maximoose

HSC
Yeh, did anyone else feel the Harwood question neglected the whole SYLLABUS and RUBRIC regarding READINGS!!!???? Emotions? Wheres that in the syllabus?

wobbly.fat

HSC
shoe-gal45 said:
Does noone do Wuthering Heights?

I thought the question was OK, but I tend to get caught up in talking about the book too much, not answering the question..

If anyone did do Wuthering Heights, what relationship/s did you focus on? I did Catherine and Heathcliff as well as a minor comparison against thier relationship to Catherine and Edgar, showing the different parts of society and the symbolism between Wutering Heights and Thrushcross Grange.

Post any feedback :)
yeah i did wuzza heights, and i analysed the relationship between Heathcliff and Isabelle. i thought the question wasnt bad for my points because it allowed me to explore ideas about oppression in terms of gender, education and corporal paternity, but then i forgot to address the second part of the question about "captivating the reader".
haha shit! i think i indirectly addressed the question though because i said that the reader becomes aware that the novel is ultimately a historical representation of Bronte's context, but then i didnt say "therefore the reader is captivated!"
but the question was cool :) i was just a bit whacko that day

bmwz4

HSC
i interpreted transition and self-awareness as intense emotions but also focussed on arrogance and fear within these? is it right to say transition and self awareness are emotions?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
bmwz4 said:
i interpreted transition and self-awareness as intense emotions but also focussed on arrogance and fear within these? is it right to say transition and self awareness are emotions?
I think you still would have went fine :)

Transition and self awareness can be understood in terms of one's psychological disposition whereby the intensity of such emotions reflect the intrinsic human desire to effect personal changes. In which case, that would be clearly an 'emotion'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)