parents.. (1 Viewer)

DepressedPenguino

HSC
Why do parents think they know everything because of their age over their children? Why? Why? Why? Age = more life experience? I think that is a load of nonsense because once an individual gains the ability to think logically, in a self-conscious state, age no longer is a factor to the amount of life experience one has over another.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Why do parents think they know everything because of their age over their children? Why? Why? Why? Age = more life experience? I think that is a load of nonsense because once an individual gains the ability to think logically, in a self-conscious state, age no longer is a factor to the amount of life experience one has over another.
not sure if srs

matchalolz

HSC
to some extent i do think that parents have more experience than us young ones, but it is true that they should listen to what we have to say as well. but saying that, you should also listen to what your parents say because some of it is actually useful (and for a good reason, after all they have lived a lot longer)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
yes because a 16 year old who can think logically which would only ever lead to predicting certain outcomes trumps people who have actually already had the experiences and know the outcomes

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
To be fair, parents often do have valuable insights thanks to life experience and age. You may not agree with them, but they are worth listening to and taking into consideration when making decisions. Parents also tend to be somewhat invested in their children after, you know, raising them and stuff, so unless you have a particularly unfortunate or dysfunctional relationship with your parents (some people do, and this is not a judgment against that), you should try and understand that they have your best interests at heart.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
depends on how you live your life, but generally, age = more life experience

one day when you become a parent and develop empathy you will understand lol

DepressedPenguino

HSC
@Shadowdude yes, im srs. @matchalolz hmm yes. Maybe. Some of what they say are right, but what annoys me the most is the fact that they think they are the smartest and whatever comes out of my mouth is worth no more than garbage. @Crobat yes, the predicting part is prolly true. But come on, there are no rules that inform us about how much one can learn or experience per year of life (you might think of me like a ... idk lol). Due to that, and additionally with my experience, I truly believe that there are teenagers out there in the world who have experienced and understood more than their parents. @Blue Suede well, the relationship between my parent and I is not that bad tbh. We get along, but again, it is their sense of superiority that really restricts me from allowing myself to immerse deeper into the family.. it is pretty upsetting and frustrating. That said, I TRY to accept that because they are my parents, and no matter how their nature are, children should accept and I believe that... so, ill continue to do so. Furthmore, if I tell them what I am thinking now...idk prolly wont be worth it (some of you will probably tell me to have an open family discussion or something and reveal everything on the table and the result may be positive. (Im not that sort of guy who does that and life is no drama. Thinga never go in my way) @rumbleroar yeah, first part ^^ (like)
2nd part, we will see haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)