• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Parking... or lack of. (2 Viewers)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Did anyone go to uni today? I had a tute at 11, so I got to uni about 10.45, and there was a queue of cars from the front gates on the MQ centre side trying to get into campus because there were no parking spots! Like at all! I went to 5- count 'em 5- different parking locations, but to no avail. There were about 60 cars, no joke, going around and around the outside carpark section, and several hundred more on the inside carparks trying to get to the top levels (which were also full). There was also a car accident in front of me; some asian girl was trying to get into a tiny spot (mind you she did have a tiny car) and somehow managed to reverse into the guy in front of me, and his brand new Corolla.

I dont believe this. I pay my $150 a year for a parking sticker, but whats the point if I cant even park anywhere?! Its so shit and dodgy- just another thing to add to my list of anti-MQ.

Grr. Should I write and complain? But to who? I missed a tute because of this crap and now I have to make it up somehow tomorrow (and I'm at uni tomorrow from 9-8, so its just going to add to the funness of the day).

HSC
N/A
Far out... that's scary...

I have to head off to Uni in about an hour. I have a suspicion I'm not going to be able to get parking.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
which is why i refuse to buy the parking stickers.

an extra 5 mins walk is worth it.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I was going to go to MQ centre, but after driving around and around for so long, I just wanted to go home! The parking sticker is good to have on horrible rainy or boiling hot days, and when you get to uni at 9am, and leave at 9pm, but it seems that in every other circumstance MQ centre is better.

Glitterfairy, maybe you should just park over at MQ centre, but even there it can be pretty full.... good luck!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Hahahaha, yes! How can I forget that lovely diagram!

I still dont know where the hell you're referring to though! All I know is that its on the other side of campus far, far away.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
on the macquarie centre side of the uni (the road that runs in front of subway/oportos, where you have the ramp onto the parking) you go till the end of the road (coming from epping road's direction) turn left, instead of going straight onto M2, and follow that road and you'll go past the mgsm entrance, and reach the parking spot.

(let me guess, you are more confused now?:D)

edit: that is supposed to be M2 on the diagram not M4 :eek:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Hmmm... I think I know where you're talking about. So you go past the ramp that goes into MQ centre, turn left onto that road near the ramp, and follow it all the way down...? Does it actually go into the campus, or is it off-campus parking?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
you dont go into the uni, there is an entrance into the uni, but you dont take that. follow the road you are on till you reach the set of lights after the ramp, and turn left there, going around around the uni campus.

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
do explain again redrum lol
i just park at mq centre nd stroll my way down
excercise rather than frustrate myself trying to get a parking spot

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
driving then parking at mac centre isnt worth it for those of us who only live like a 10 minute drive. I'm not driving for 10 minutes only to park away from the uni and walk another 10 minutes. I'd rather just catch a bus in that case and have the 15 minute ride and be dropped off right where i want to be.
But i do see how those who live a little further would be content with that.
Ive never really had that much trouble with parking, unless i go at like 1, in which case i just drive around the same parking area until someone leaves.

iwannarock

HSC
hahahahha that reminds me parking way back in tort law.

i was gonna arrive one hour early before the tute so i can attempt to know something before i got to the tute by reading in the library. so i get there an hour early.........and there are simply no parking spots......like i drive around to every single place. Sure i could have parked somewhere outside the uni.......but i pay for that damn parking sticker.........and im gonna park in the uni god damnit.

so i drive around for an hour........eventually its 12:15 (tute started at 12) i get lucky and find one. but i'm so angry that i don't even go to the tute cuz of the parking business pissed me off so much. i just went and slept on the library couches cuz it was a hot day and air conditioning is nice.

this semester i've had no problems with parking. im only 2 days a week so maybe thats why i dont have to deal with the parking problem.

*hopeful*

HSC
i think redrums talkin bout the side long strip of parking on the edge of the grass sorta on the left towards the back of uni (coming down from the back of the bar)

yeh i got to uni at bout 10.45 as well n just cruised on d same level till sumone left which wuz about 15minz later n then rushed down 2 my lect........its the lil 1st yrs who r hogging the parkin i tell u, it wuz never this bad last yr

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
how about i find the name of the road tmw? :D

or.....do you guys want another diagram? ;)

*hopeful*

HSC
actually after lookin at redrums diagram i have nfi where his talking bout

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
LOL at that diagram!!!! omg i love the colours :D

maryjane i got parking realatively easy at the top at about 5 to 10 this morning...and as u have uni from 9 tomorrow ur gonna find parking very easily...im gonna b there from 9 as well (damn maths lectures)

i saw an asian girl reverse park her new corolla and she was like centimetres away from the other car before she realised and decided to correct her position...if she reversed a little bit more, she wuda hit :eek:

argh theres some really fukd up drivers at our uni...and ive also noticed that the parking spaces are small...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Supra said:
LOL at that diagram!!!! omg i love the colours :D

maryjane i got parking realatively easy at the top at about 5 to 10 this morning...and as u have uni from 9 tomorrow ur gonna find parking very easily...im gonna b there from 9 as well (damn maths lectures)

i saw an asian girl reverse park her new corolla and she was like centimetres away from the other car before she realised and decided to correct her position...if she reversed a little bit more, she wuda hit :eek:

argh theres some really fukd up drivers at our uni...and ive also noticed that the parking spaces are small...

Aye. Especially the lost cases who drive the wrong way in a one-way carpark.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
haah i feel your pain, i once went around for an hour before i i got lucky

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
this sem tho ive been relatively lucky, most times ive got my favourite spot...omg rahul, this curry girl nearly smashed into me head-on last sem, coz i was going up the one-way ramp and she was tryin to go down the same one...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)