parking (2 Viewers)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
no, this isn't another rant at the exorbitant costs of our parking (although, if you so wish, I could quickly turn it into one), just a few questions
Carparks C9 (near HPE, on the uni side of the Forum) and C12 (Warabrook side of the Forum) are both only 2 hr parking, aren't they?
And C7 (on the road from Shortland side upto the Forum, next to the Hunter Building-ish), is that for student parking?
Any tips for good parking spots on Hunter side? *smiles sweetly*

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
yes to both questions about 2hour parking... however just behind the forum and down the hill says 2 hour but i havent had a problem yet with parking all day..

best hunter spots are carpark 6 then you walk down past the special ed centre, or at the squash pavillion, but im not sure about whether you can stay there all day

not sure about C7?? anyone else??

DV8

HSC
C13 (behind the forum) is alrite... you can usually get a park down there right up to 11am... only takes bout 5 mins to walk to Hunter from there as well and pretty sure its all day, I never had any probs. Pretty sure C7 is staff parking, but i've parked there before, again no probs. I agree with PrincessSJ tho, C6 is probably your best bet for 9am-ish starts. You could also try the engineering carparks (C4 & C8) there's usally stacks of parks in C8 in the morning/late arvo.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I find it easier to leave my car parked out the front of my house (not go) :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
and need I remind you of your grades last semester?

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Need I remind you of the fun I had last semester?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
God I rock!

Cyph: 15648643513241864
Jess: 10

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
anyway back to the topic of parking, that multi-storey carpark... is it always full during peak uni times? (i know its under construction or something, so it probably doesn't matter now)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
the multi is still closed (grrrrrrrr), but yes, when it is open, it is generally full from 8.55-2.00 ish

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
From memory, the multi-story carpark used to be full after about 9am from Monday to Thursday (Friday is usually ok to get a park). If it's still closed when uni goes back, and you're keen on getting a (good) park, you might have to start getting into the routine of getting to uni before 8:30am.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
im starting to wonde rif its even gonna be worth driving to newcastle, all anyone ever does is tell me there are no parks

sam_553817

HSC
well after going to usyd for 2 years, and regularly having to park 10-15 minutes walk away I think this all sounds pretty good (and cheap! shit, they charge by the hour at usyd, something like $9 for 2 hours!) :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Wait til you start, you will more than probably be singing a different tune.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hmm, lets think about that, me coming oh say half an hour out of my way, putting up with you in my car, and me paying so you can get to uni...I think not.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
If thats what you wanna believe, then continue floating along in your deluded little world

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)