• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Part time/Casual (1 Viewer)

GemmaHavok

Suck my kiss
two floors down getting high in the backroom
HSC
Okay so, I recently got a job at Coles but its Part time rather than Casual. Just wondering if there's a certain amount of hours you have to do to be considered "Part-time" because I'm only getting 12 hrs a week and I'm on Part-time rates which are complete bullshit.
At my old job a did a lot more than 12 hrs a week casual work at a better rate of pay and supposedly coles has the best rates of pay out.

tractor_chic

HSC
N/A
they told me that you have to do at least 10hrs to be partime, because i was doing 13hrs and i needed to drop a shift which meant it would drop me down to 9hrs which would be considered casual so i had to pick up another hour.
but if you do extra shifts on top of your part time shifts youll get paid at the casual rate 4 the extra shifts which is good cuz they r always under staffed at my work so i get alot of extra shifts. ask your manager if they r any extra shifts and if u r reliable they'll probly ask u to do them before they ask the casual staff.

^___^
HSC
u can work more than 10hrs a wk if u r casual, cos i remembered i was once working 5days a wk and around 5hrs each day

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
yeah i agree with ...
I am considered casual but during my school holiday, i worked like 4 shifts of around 7.5 hours each. I think it's just that with part time you are guranteed for a certain amount of hours. but of course, being a casual means better pay :D

Slimeboy

HSC
COLES SUPERMARKETS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD RETAIL AGREEMENT 2002

3.2 Part -time Employees

3.2.1 In conjunction with, or in addition to any rostered shift, a part-time employee may be offered on a voluntary basis additional hours to a maximum of 38 hours in any week, which if accepted, shall be paid at the stipulated casual rate. Provided that such additional hours shall be offered:

(a) in accordance with the relevant roster principles to a maximum of 144 hours over any 4 week cycle; and

(b) on the basis of being paid the casual loading as prescribed in subclause 3.3.7 in lieu of entitlements to Sick Leave, Annual Leave or other forms of leave other than Long Service Leave.

3.2.2 A part-time employee's normal core hours may be reduced by a maximum quantum of 20% in any anniversary year provided:

(a) the quantum may not be reduced below 40 hours in any 4 week cycle;

(b) the employee is provided with 2 weeks' notice in writing;

(c) where the employee does not agree 4 weeks' notice shall be provided in lieu of 2;

(d) where additional permanent hours become available in the store where the part-time employee worked at the time the hours were reduced, then that employee will have preference ahead of part-time employees who had no reduction in hours, casual employees, and new part-time employees, to the additional hours of work. Preference will also be given to the part-time employee whose hours had been reduced ahead of other employees when the additional hours are not permanent.

3.2.3 Annual Leave and Sick Leave entitlements for part-time employees shall be calculated on the basis of pro-rata entitlements for full-time employees. Where the number of rostered hours varies during any anniversary year (including where an employee transfers from full-time to part-time and vice versa), entitlements shall be calculated upon the average number of ordinary hours worked during the anniversary year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)