• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

part-time full-fee degree. (1 Viewer)

hatty

Banned
sup

say if i dont make the cut-off for my course (commerce at either usyd or unsw), and they offer me a full fee place, which just say is around $20k a year for 3 years.

thing is, i cant afford 20k a year, but i can afford 10k,
so if i do the course part-time, will the fee be cut down to 10k for 6 years? or is there some type of catch that im missing

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
yeah I think for part time, you pay less per year, but will end up paying as much at the end.

S

Shuter

hatty said:
sup

say if i dont make the cut-off for my course (commerce at either usyd or unsw), and they offer me a full fee place, which just say is around $20k a year for 3 years.

thing is, i cant afford 20k a year, but i can afford 10k,
so if i do the course part-time, will the fee be cut down to 10k for 6 years? or is there some type of catch that im missing
It will seeing as the fees are for per SUBJECT you take, not for the course/semester.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Shuter said:
It will seeing as the fees are for per SUBJECT you take, not for the course/semester.
Actually FEE paying is counted as how much per Unit of Credit, while HECS is per subject based.

hatty

Banned
REALLY? so u can treat full fee just like HECS, but the cut-offs are lower.

that means i can just enrol into some good course through full-fee and make them pay like HECS...

thats good news

good find natstar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)