• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

past biz studies ppl (1 Viewer)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
heym im just another person worrying about the scaling of biz, coa of stuff ppl are saying. im just wondering if u can tell me what u got in biz studies, what it scaled 2 ur uai n stuff
thanking you!

AGB

HSC
if you hav a go at SAM on the bored of studies main page you can find out how the scaling has been in previous years. basically if you get into the 90s you will be looking at fairly reasonable scaling, however much below that and it gets pretty terrible. below are some marks

95 => 91
94 => 89
93 => 87
85 => 71
80 => 61
75 => 52

so as long as you do pretty well in the subject, the scaling will be fine

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
go AGB! haha
hehe i dont know how many times i have answered this question...

AGB

HSC
well business studies is not that hard to do well in if you put in a reasonable amount of work...like its not exactly a difficult subject (which im sure you are already aware of)... so if you enjoy it at all, stick with it

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yeah i did commerce last year, it seems like revision to me like seriously everything so its easy im just wondering if its too easy ...

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
dont worry about scaling. dont even think about it. its useless. you cant do anything about it. i thought of actually dropping biz at one stage because of all this scaling crap but in the end i got a good uai, got into my course and i still dont even know how it ended up scaling. so if you like the subject, scaling will be irrelevant.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah good advice ezzy....

i worried abt scalign ehapz... and after *calculating* my marks after scaling... i thought biz wont coutn for meeh as i do 12 units.. but it ended up being my best subject..... so please dont think abt scaling.. esp in a subject like biz.. in which scaling is v volatile

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
im not that worried bout scaling but i dont know whether i like it so im taking scaling into consdieration. i have just dropeed economics n that scales good so now i ahve like low scaling stuff

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^^ btw i wanna get 100. so i dont wanna end up getting like 99 in biz and them scaling to 96 or something. I THINK IM MAINLY worried about my assesment mark coz like everyone in our class doesnt know anything. and the teacher marks fair easily ( ie i get 19/20 nd they get 18/20 even though i know heaps more than them

Jessisbored

HSC
my school marks really hard...but they always have and its always really good coz we get scaled up heaps when we do the hsc exam coz our marks are higher than our internal ones

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
our biz class is bad coz we all get round the same marks, but that means for the hsc we all go bout the same in steasd of some ppl doing heaps good and some not so godd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)