• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

pathways? (1 Viewer)

dorothygale

HSC
hey guys, so darlingly wonderful 2 c all these lovely brains at work, but it's making me daunted coz i'm doing hsc thru the pathways system (do the prelim and hsc course 4 half my subjects in year 11, then again in yr 12), so i have only just started ex. 2.
sooo is there anyone out there in the realms of bored of studies who is doing it the same way and is at the same point i am? (barely just begun and feeling a tad overwhelmed)?
ta dudes

dorothygale

HSC
hey,
r u familiar with pathways? i am not meant to be any further than i am now, progress-wise.. coz i'll b doing double the amount of hours. it all works out fine ;-) i was just wondering if there was anyone who goes 2 a school that uses the same system..

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I am doing something vaguely similar to you in that I am doing my HSC at Tafe though I am only technically what you would call Pathways by your definition.So on to your progress question, most of the students at our Tafe which recently picked up this subject have completed there proposal, have a definite idea of what they want to write and made a bit of a start.

dorothygale

HSC
pathways - tafe

yea i've got to hand my proposal in on tuesday.. haven't started it. but i've been log-booking it and i've got enough ideas to present to my teacher without her smacking me over the head. so r u doing extension 2? if so do u know what ur doing?
p.s interesting paris idea... do u have some sort of official proposal u could submit? i think my teacher may be v.interested..

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
dorothygale said:
yea i've got to hand my proposal in on tuesday.. haven't started it. but i've been log-booking it and i've got enough ideas to present to my teacher without her smacking me over the head. so r u doing extension 2? if so do u know what ur doing?
p.s interesting paris idea... do u have some sort of official proposal u could submit? i think my teacher may be v.interested..
Yup, I'm doing Extension English. I am doing a short story involving subversion of the classic fairytale, as well as throwing some gruesome stuff in there too. Its very enjoyable but particularly difficult, since I'm playing around with fantasy conventions basically but I am not doing speculative fiction for Extension 1, so that means a whole heap of reading to do. I would advise you to get started quickly though, because while you may have a great deal of time over the year to spend on the subject compared to the majority of the cohort, most will have thought about what they want to do, and see if it works, so you have to get through the experimental/conceptual stage a little faster than normal.

dorothygale

HSC
kami said:
I am doing a short story involving subversion of the classic fairytale, as well as throwing some gruesome stuff in there too.
wo man i'm looking into fairytales as well. how weird. exploring the kind of concept of denying situations or parts of urself through the complete simplifiying or boiling down or something.. of the situation ur in to the point where its at that simple deliberate, linear, fairytale-like language.. hmm it's difficult to put together in my head, let alone down in writing. but thx 4 the advice, i think ur right. just waiting for this vile hangover to pass then i'll get right to it...

tendays

ickle firstie
HSC
I'm doing pathways, but in the fashion of having completed the preliminary course and doing the hsc course now, but over two years, so this year I'm doing Drama and four unit english and next year is music art and religion.
I think the best thing to do in your situation is to pace yourself. don't try to do everything at once but don'tlet yourself get behind. Set aside time to work on your major work and make it regular and enough to get substantial work done.
Mind you, I'm doing website and have barely started.

dorothygale

HSC
yay!

yay i found someone! go pathways! i'm doing it in the same way u r by the sounds of it--i did art and sac last year and this year i'm doing ipt and 4 unit english. so how r u going now, progress wise?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)