Paulmac's At Our Formal!!! (1 Viewer)

Jenjen

Well actually or "rich private school" doesn't advocate formals so whatever we have is totally self-funded and self-organised by us. The only reason we're having one is because nice people from my year have taken the time to organise it.

I went to a state school B4 barker and i totally understand what its like, but being a private school doesn't necessarily make it easy. Most places won't take formals without the school's permission and ours doesn't give it.

Besides, it doesn't matter where you have the formal- its how you have fun in the place that matters. We won not because we're in a dodgy place but because noone feels like enjoying anything while our friends are in hospital- which is fair enough. You should be able to have fun wherever you are!

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
Paul Mac's coming to my formal too!

muahahha jen i know who you are
there's no hiding here

- Luigi -

:p

Jenjen

Hey louisa

man you are soooo lucky you didnt do the 3U exam
totally sucked
i would have been better off doing the crime fiction one and sill would have done better

u going to blackies?

cya lata

Jens

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
..........blackies

yeah probably, unless its really cold, i hate going out when its too cold.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
firstly congrats, that's some competition to win :)
and yes i'm green :p

Well actually or "rich private school" doesn't advocate formals so whatever we have is totally self-funded and self-organised by us. The only reason we're having one is because nice people from my year have taken the time to organise it.
I went to a state school B4 barker and i totally understand what its like, but being a private school doesn't necessarily make it easy. Most places won't take formals without the school's permission and ours doesn't give it.
i go to a government school and our grade organises everything also - the formal, jerseys, mock assembly etc. teachers have nothing to do with the yr12-only things, and I'm sure other schools are in similar positions. often private schools appear more prestigious than public schools, also - although i can't comment (mine has a pretty good rep ;)

I have to agree with Lee's comment that a grade without monetary support for their formal would probably be more worthy of that competition than a private school... but i'm a public school student with a grudge. i'm very glad our formal is organised though :)

Jenjen

What I was trying to say is that because our school does not advocate formals, we have no monnetary support- AT ALL. We students have to pay for the bond, insurance, everything.

Before people make value judgements about private schools they should get their facts straight. It's not as though we get everything handed to us on a plate

fatmuscle

HSC
(I close my eyes)
This is the sound

(I voice my fears)
This is the sound of breaking up

(I close my heart)
This is the sound

(So open your ears)
This is the sound of breaking up

Paul Mac was at UTS

SkAnDi

HSC
I saw Paul Mac when i was at homebake.

Actually, i wasn't really looking at Paul Mac ;)

*laugh*

It's actually rather embarrasing, but i thought that Paul Mac = Paul Frank. haha.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by Jenjen
What I was trying to say is that because our school does not advocate formals, we have no monnetary support- AT ALL. We students have to pay for the bond, insurance, everything.
so do we - so does everybody, don't they?
we fundraised a hell of a lot in yr10 (for that formal) so we didn't have to do much last year or this year. however, the teachers/principal at our school are pretty understanding and year 12 gets plenty of chances to make money off the other grades. juniors are rolling in $$!

Before people make value judgements about private schools they should get their facts straight. It's not as though we get everything handed to us on a plate
Yeah, I understand not everybody who goes to a private school is rich... but private schools are more expensive than public, they get huge amounts of the government budget, and there's a general mindset that because it costs to get in, people paying the money must have it in the first place.

Lee

Originally posted by Jenjen

Besides, it doesn't matter where you have the formal- its how you have fun in the place that matters. We won not because we're in a dodgy place but because noone feels like enjoying anything while our friends are in hospital- which is fair enough. You should be able to have fun wherever you are!

i didn't mean it by the school pays for it, but generally, the parents of the private school kids are able to pay for tickets, dresses, whatever, where as in state school heaps of people are not so well off so they can't afford everything....thats why our formal is falling to pieces cause heaps f people at our school can't pay for the ticket, and cause they can't go, they raise the ticket price, thereby making less people able to pay and so on......vicous cycle....

Jenjen

Oh yeah I totally understand that.
Makes a lot of sense, and a lot of people at my school are fairly well off It just shits me that theres this stigma attached to going to a private school. Most people are just norml- like it seems to me you guys think about class and that to me. It doesn't matter to anyone I know at all.
Formals are just a chance to see all your friends, doesn't matter where yours is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)