PDHPE and English Trials- Syllabus Info (2 Viewers)

TBK11

HSC
i was just wondering if anyone know's what the Trials for PDHPE and English would be based on, today i wanted to do some revision for the first time and i cant find my PDHPE book nor my English book so i have no idea what the trials are based on lol does any1 have an Outline for these what to focus on 3 days till trials :p
should do some revision (Cant find my books) haha

rolror88

HSC
N/A
For PE, would it it be the content covered at school? I think it'd be hard to find advice what your PE exam would cover as different schools cover different topics at different times?

English, go over your text types (as in how to write certain text types), language techniques.

speedofsound

HSC
There's no SC exam for PD, so I don't think you'd find it online...

TBK11

HSC
speedofsound said:
There's no SC exam for PD, so I don't think you'd find it online...
no sc
the trials jus need a basic outline of what to revise on thats all like im sure its the same for every1

bored of sc

HSC
For english have a go at a past school certificate paper.

As for the syllabus, they are a far too broad, so don't worry. Skills are essential not so much learning off knowledge (because there is really not much to be learnt anyway).

So you have exams starting first day back? English would be on the Monday then I'm guessing? Ask your PE teacher what is going to be on the exam. You have a right to know.

Last edited:

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure every school has a different trial exam, but the English trial exam will have a similar format to the SC. Do a few English SC past papers and you should be fine. And as someone said before me look over your text types and language techniques. The key to doing well in English is practice, practice, practice.

As for PD/H/PE, I'm not too sure about that but PD is usually pretty straight forward, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. We did STI's, Road safety, Lifestyle diseases, First aid, Loss and Grief and drugs. Thats just what we did at my school but i'd assume you did similar stuff.

tbh I don't even know why we are doing trials for PD, I mean its not as if there is a SC exam for it. :S

TBK11

HSC
DALiE. (: said:
I'm pretty sure every school has a different trial exam, but the English trial exam will have a similar format to the SC. Do a few English SC past papers and you should be fine. And as someone said before me look over your text types and language techniques. The key to doing well in English is practice, practice, practice.

As for PD/H/PE, I'm not too sure about that but PD is usually pretty straight forward, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. We did STI's, Road safety, Lifestyle diseases, First aid, Loss and Grief and drugs. Thats just what we did at my school but i'd assume you did similar stuff.

tbh I don't even know why we are doing trials for PD, I mean its not as if there is a SC exam for it. :S
Thanks ahh a whole year's worth of work lost not good :(
Yeh i agree no point doing PDHPE trials for my school this will be the first Exam we will have to do the rest have been jus assignments

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
You're welcome. :)

Thats gotta suck though, why don't you ask a friend if you could borrow their PD book? Or you could always ask your teacher whats going to be in the test.

We done a PD half yearly exam. It was so EASY. And I didn't even touch my book. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Last edited:

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Well this is what what did in PE this year:
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Adolescence and responsibility
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Drugs
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Alcohol
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Safe driving
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Sexual responsibility
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Mental Health
Most of the stuff taught is common sense. If in doubt, write "peer pressure", it works almost every time. :D

As for English...focus on your essay writing skills, poetry or something? I'm not sure. Our yearly is focusing on Macbeth...just think through what you've done this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)