People who have been on exchange... (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Where did you go?
How long?
Average monthly costs?
How many people from your UNI went?

Just curious.. looking at doing exchange 3rd or 4th year, though it seems pricy.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
yea i gathered a firm would highly admire someone who had studyiedoverseas without the security of living at home and what not. what's the deal with government loans as well?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Mike Ockisard said:
you need to be enrolled for atleast a year's study back in australia afterwards though, so you can't do it in your final year which is kinda crappy.
It's now down to a half-year of full-time study (link).

coolioes

HSC
has anyone been on exchange to a country where they speak another language other than english ie. france? i want to know if it puts you at a great disadvantage in your study because of the different language...

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
coolioes said:
has anyone been on exchange to a country where they speak another language other than english ie. france? i want to know if it puts you at a great disadvantage in your study because of the different language...
i'm actually looking into that, though i speak some french but not fluent enough to learn my course from it; i kind of assume they would offer an english version or something though :|

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
coolioes said:
I've talked to one of my teacher who went to Japan for an exchange, she goes it's hard because she couldn't speak to alot of people, she couldn't eat the food, it was cold and all that, but yeah it toughens you up...be a man. It was a hard experience but it makes her stronger, she now craves for fear, when she got back to Aus she got really bored at home, back to the norm.

Also most of the time you will be hanging out with other exchange students, at the US uni I am going to, the accomodation place is made up 50% internation and 50% local students, so won't be really alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)