Personal interest vs strength (1 Viewer)

workerdude85

HSC
N/A
im sure some of you had to decide this when choosing or changing courses, i've spoken to few people who changed their course going into 2nd year either completely or into a different major. my question is this, i know my personal interest is in financial planning because i like the area it covers and what i will be doing on daily basis, but my key weakness or things i dont want to do also falls under this course, i hate sales or trying to persuade people into buying products, which is why i think this career area doesnt require a degree essentially, whereas my key strength it seems to lie in accounting but i lack in the mathematics area as its essentially mostly numbers whereas financial planning does involve numbers but not as much. i feel i aint so good with strangers, have very good computing skills, hard working so i think accounting is something i will feel happy in, but afraid i wont like the course whereas financial planning i feel i will love the course but wont succeed on the job.

am i making sense? how did you guys decide this sticky situation if you had one?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
lol... financial planning doesnt include sales, people come to do for financial advice, how to spent/invest/ this and that.

no sales....

biggie walls

HSC
You'll have to study the same level of maths (perhaps even harder) for Finance as Accounting... I suggest you just do a Commerce degree, get some help to improve your maths and later in ur degree you can decide what you want to major in; Finance, Accounting or maybe something else...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)