personality study questions (1 Viewer)

pig_93

HSC
just wondering how much we're meant to write for personality study...
not on BOS paper, but on a normal pad of paper (u know, those biggish ones).

how much do we write for assess and how much do we write for describe??
and is it just me, or is assess always bigger than the describe one? in terms of ground to cover and in terms of our own length and what we put in....

and ONE more question (lol sorry), for the descibe bit, is it right we dont need an intro and concl, but in assess we do need to do it essay format?

spanks all :)

rama_v

HSC
The describe essay (the first one) should be bout 500 or 600 words max - basically two - two and a half pages A4 at most. You should be able to write it in about 15 minutes..The assess one should be longer and about 800 words or so, so thats about 3 and a half pages perhaps a bit less...you really are time limited in your responses.

jawjayo

vast and green
HSC
last year my assess and describe were the same length. It shouldn't matter what the question is, you should be putting in just as much time as you would otherwise. 15-20 mins depending on how fast you write. I usually spent 20mins. If you find u hav less to do in "describe" questions for your personality add more detail.
Also introduction and conclusion really depends on style - I ALWAYS used them because its more sophisticated and gives the marker a quick summary of everything you've said and your main ideas.

pig_93

HSC
YEAH i spose. its a very debateable issue isnt it.
people have very varying amounts n all.

but i would think you would do more for the second section. just me

HSC
Wait... 2 and a half pages in 15 minutes?! I so can't do that.. I knew that modern a heaps packed exam, but I dont think i can write much more than a page/page and a half at max in 15 mins... crapppp

rama_v

HSC
Just keep practising. You should be able to virtually memorise the essay for the first personality question and get it over and done with quickly, leaving some type for analysis in the second question...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)