Peter Skrzynecki - Crossing the Red Sea (1 Viewer)

A J C

I was wondering people's opinions on these questions regarding CROSSING THE RED SEA from Immigrant Chronicle by Peter Skrzynecki
> What the journey is
> What is going through the mind of the travellers, and
> Pecuilar techniques, or any that stand out

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The journey is their migration to Australia. The people are sad, apprehensive but become more hopeful and talkative as the journey goes on.

Haven't got a copy of it right here so I can't really say much about techniques

Capulet

UNSW rulz!
parallels with the biblical passage, its the one where moses parts the sea with his staff and the isrealites go across. has alot of biblical imagery

loziscool:D

*goes to find notes*

the journey is his immigration from europe --> australia and his experiances while on the ship. The "journey" is taking them away from suffering (ie taking them away from warsaw). It also shows his uncertainty of the future.
Umm i think a main part of it is the relation to the bible and the biblical allusions (eg the jews journey to the promised land.. thru the red sea, and Lazarus' rising from the dead)
Basically it shows the travellers' different emotions towards the experiance, which can be seen through their diologue (eg some are nostalgic, some are bitter). The dialogue of the travellers i think, is the main technique thats used to show their changing perspectives..

if you're usuing it in relation to changing perspectives i would be focusing on their different attitudes and how their attitudes change once they get closer to australia.
:apig:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)