• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Petrol Prices (1 Viewer)

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
Am I the only one considering to use public transport. Petrol is a rip!

And having a Commodore doesn't help.

I even overheard the worker at the petrol station say that by the end of sept, it will be $1.60

jesus

Discuss...

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
My prediction is that it will settle soon, as an economist described it 'a bubble that will burst', to be restored to equlibrium price, then slowly once again begin an increase that will NOT stop.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Yeah, I have heard it could be $2 a litre by christmas but I am praying that what the CEO of Forbes said comes true as he said it should halve in the next 12 months (I think) because otherwise I will need to change my dream of getting mum and dad's VY commodore an instead dream of trading it in for a buzz box so I can afford to drive... *cries*

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
my car is the thirstiest you could ever get. an 84' Ford XE. holy shit it chews up the petrol. its costs $30 to get it just under half a tank these days, which will last be about 2 days. ITS NOT FAIR!!! i just bought some then, it was $1.33. damn

7th Sign

HSC
man petrol prices suck soo much ...

the other day i put $20 into my car do a but of local crusing then its almost on empty !!!!!!!!!!What makes things worse is my parents give my sister heaps of money each week for transport on the train like $40 or somethin when a weekely ticket is not even $40 lol and they will only give me like $10 a week :mad: it should be swapped or something!!!! dam parents....looks like i will need a job

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
$20 doesnt even get me to school and back. :(:(:(

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
and luckily "cruising" is sooo red-p. i dont do that, not that i could afford to just cruise around pointlessly anyway

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh cruising is too expensive these days... (consider the oppurtunity cost :p)
7th, you would be using Premium for your car eh? Im lucky i just fill unleaded and corollas are reasonably efficient compared to those commodores at least :p

7th Sign

HSC
Supra said:
yeh cruising is too expensive these days... (consider the oppurtunity cost :p)
7th, you would be using Premium for your car eh? Im lucky i just fill unleaded and corollas are reasonably efficient compared to those commodores at least :p
nah man my car runs on unleaded....

its just chews up petrol alot :(

I don't want to get many mods on it at all then I will be loosing out alot more $$$ on petrol ahhhhhh dam petrol !!!! I need a government job :( free fuel money :D

looks like no more crusing for me any way :(

school to home looks like the only crusing i will be doign then the odd home to petrol station :|

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
It's funny how everyone's complaining about how petrol is ridiculously expensive even though there are countries where it is over double the price that it is here. Plus I think there are plenty of other rip offs we should be complaining about, like taxes and bank fees... :p

Does anyone know why the prices are so high anyway? Yeah cos oil companies are struggling with supply but why is this? Is the world running out of oil?

Stuff petrol, I'm going to get that Mitsubishi electric car when it comes out (goes 250km off a four hour charge)

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
yenta said:
It's funny how everyone's complaining about how petrol is ridiculously expensive even though there are countries where it is over double the price that it is here. Plus I think there are plenty of other rip offs we should be complaining about, like taxes and bank fees... :p
There are also countries where it's consistently 1/2 the price (USA).

SlipStream

HSC
Internal combustion engines are very inefficient. Due to the rising cost of oil due to different influences (OPEC, War, terrorism, "limited supplies" (sure...), etc) the market for alternative fuels is opening at an incredible pace, and the pursuit for an alternative (read: cheaper) option such as hydrogen is sucking billions of dollars from the major manufacturers in development. Petrol will be superseded by about 2012, by probably hydrogen. Petrol will still be available; it will just be too expensive to be viable as a primary source for transport. The price of petrol will plateau, probably at about $5-$6/litre, and will become secluded to the comparitively small consumer group of enthusiasts (a few people here included) who drive petrol-powered cars as recreation, rather than transport. The larger manufacturers will continue to produce petrol-powered sportscars until about 2017, where the market dies off due to its declining sales. The exotic manufacturers will continue to make petrol-powered supercars, until petrol is ultimately put under pressure to be phased-out around 2025 (due to its environmental 'impact', albeit small at this point) where petrol will then become a specialty product, much like racing fuel is today (purchased in drums and stuff). It will be used only by the most dedicated enthusiasts, for decades on, but it will never "run out".
10 characters

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
i havnt driven my commodore to uni in about 2 months, it just chews through petrol, luckily corollas are good for money, $50 to fill get about 600km out of it.... i only really drive my ute to work

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yesterday $1.26

today $1.39

for fucks sake, we're not stupid, but we are trapped:s

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
thats crazy how they are increasing the petrol prices...i feel sorry for the people who have more than 2 cars in their house...and even more sorry for the P platers who don't have jobs but still have to pay for their own petrol...thats why im gonna get a small car 'cause the petrol shouldnt be too high...and i don't work :p...or maybe i'll just get one of those hybrid cars...environmentally friendly and no petrol...all good...i think :p

7th Sign

HSC
cost me $1.32/L to fill up the other day

sucks to be a student with no job :( :(

need money lols

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
yeah it was $1.39 today
wtf? tuesdays are supposed to be cheap :(

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
the funny thing is,
australia produces enough oil to supply it's self, we dont need american oil
so why are we going off world oil prices when we can charge whatever price we want?
an the government then taxes us on top of that.
i dont know, but i think we are getting fucked over sideways and there is jack all we can do about it

SlipStream

HSC
I agree. The price of petrol is bloody outrageous.

Murf said:
eventually, one day in the not too distant future, countries will start running out of natural resources, i.e. middle eastern countries, and there will be an oil shortage, those who can last the longest with the current infastrucutre (cars etc) will be one step ahead of everyone else... i.e. what happens when heaps of the coal that australia exports every year, raising GDP, runs out? well oil would then be an option:p

murf
Yeh.. Australia is wise by sitting on a goldmine of natural oil reserves but the government is pretty selfish by not tapping into them to supply their citizens - us. Likewise they are very selfish by taxing us at 45% for petrol (45% of the price of petrol is TAX), and that's pretty fair but not when they're handing out (as politically incorrect as what I'm about to say) hundreds of millions of dollars of Australian taxpayer's money to Indonesia (a country that harbours terrorists, has their hands covered in oil) and other countries rather than fix the problems at home, like our average healthcare system, shitty and dangerous roads, etc. The government is so selfish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)