pH experiemtn with CO2 and water (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Does anyone who did the experiment with the calcium pebbles and hydrochloric acid and distilled water remeber how much of each they used. Also does anyone know the reaction that occurs in this experiment

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
2HCl(aq)+CaCO<sub>3</sub>(s)-->CaCl<sub>2</sub>+CO<sub>2</sub>(g)+H<sub>2</sub>(g)
EDIT: wtf no HTML
*puts fist through monitor

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Calculon's equation should be H2O at the end, not H2

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Calculon
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
ouch
Possibly Calculon needs to Maintain a better Balance between anger and control, or else a Search for Better Health will be needed. :)

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
(aq) stands for aqueous - it means that the HCl (in this case) is dissolved in water.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Calculon

Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
ouch
Originally posted by CM_Tutor
Possibly Calculon needs to Maintain a better Balance between anger and control, or else a Search for Better Health will be needed. :)
lolz, classic =D

jsut a note... do NOT put mroe than ~5 g of grained caco3 to react with acid... it MAY be alot dangerous than you think... we got this comment from our bio teacher:
"xiao, do NOT continue this asmt... you are either making a rocket, or a bomb..."
we went :$ lolz... twas an asmt as well!!! he's nto meant to say any thing!!! =p

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
So what your suggestion on the amount of HCl, calcium pebbles and distilled water to use?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
if the caco3 is in pebble form, then it doesn't really matter... whereas, if you have powdered caco3, then don't use more than 2 grams i say... or else, it turns into some thing nasty...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by CM_Tutor
HAHAHAHAH OMG
BIOLOGY HUMOUR!

Ahem anyway. Sorry I can't help. I did my prac quite differently... we blew into water using a straw, and the CO2 in our breath changed the pH and made the water acidic...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)